X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweep
    although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Watching online, is the difference in the size of the players as apparent in person as it seems online? MSU looks like men, we look like kids. Additonally, (and I know mph is not everything in pitching), but does everyone we play have "better" arms than us? We have guys that sometimes reach upper 80's or maybe 90. It seems like everyone we face rolls out guys throwing low 90's.

Last question, I know the Shox are trotting out numerous freshman and sophs, but none of them are 6'3" 235 like the bears players. Are we lacking something institutionally inorder to field a better team, or is it squarely on the coaching staff?

Comment

It's probably the players fault that they aren't growing properly. When Gene recruited them all of them were going to be 6'5, but they're just so damn stubborn that they stop growing.
        although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Just curious why everyone thinks you need to be 6"3" and 235 to play the game. Size does not always matter. Lok at KU. Price recruits for size and you se how bad they are. Coaching appears to be a issue at WSU to me. Coaches are to old school and have lost touch.

Comment

HEADLINE OF THE GAME

SHOCKER PITCHERS SHUT OUT THE BEARS!!!!!for only 6 innings

Comment

WSU scores 2 runs on 10 hits in 18 innings. MSU scores 13 runs.

How's the cautios optimism of the sunshine pumpers now?

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

sunshine pumper
                One who fails to realize the reality of a situation, and instead continues to support/ballyhoo a person, program, etc.

The sunshine pumper sees that their team and coaches are playing hard equating to good, when in fact the players are not performing adequately and the coaches have failed to properly recruit/train/coach the team.
                We have quite a few on here.

The slide into the abyss continues at full throttle.
                An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I guess it was an improvement from Friday. Friday's game was over after 3 innings. Today, we scored and the game wasn't over until after the 4th.

4 hits in the 1st. 1 hit over the final 8 innings. MSU almost knocked the outfield fence down in the 3rd and the Shocks could not get out of their own way in the 4th.

No question that MSU is a much superior team to the Shocks this year.

It was all I could do to hang in there over the final 5 innings but I made it. Not sure what that makes me. A fool or just one of the dumb masses I guess.

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic that we SUCK.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm also cautiously optimistic that shox1989 and shocker3 will remain clear of this thread. Predictable.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                        Watching online, is the difference in the size of the players as apparent in person as it seems online? MSU looks like men, we look like kids. Additonally, (and I know mph is not everything in pitching), but does everyone we play have "better" arms than us? We have guys that sometimes reach upper 80's or maybe 90. It seems like everyone we face rolls out guys throwing low 90's.

Last question, I know the Shox are trotting out numerous freshman and sophs, but none of them are 6'3" 235 like the bears players. Are we lacking something institutionally inorder to field a better team, or is it squarely on the coaching staff?
                        Have you seen Casey Gillaspie? I don't think you need to be big to play baseball, but Casey certainly meets your 6'3" 235 lb. standard.

Comment

Working...
                        X