• Show
Clear All

• 2023 Schedule Released

Baseball Schedule

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Pretty underwhelming non-conference. But I guess that's where we sit these days.

Comment

Sweet!! I can make my way up to the LB series in February. Been too long since I've seen some Shocker baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
        Pretty underwhelming non-conference. But I guess that's where we sit these days.
        I think your take is a bit harsh. Sure there are some mediocre to weak opponents in the non-con with 13 games against Utah Tech (4), Oakland (3), Stetson (3) and UMass (3). However, the other 19 non-conference games on the schedule are good opponents:

@ Long Beach State (3)
        vs Oral Roberts (2) and @ Oral Roberts
        @ Kansas and vs Kansas
        @ Creighton (3)
        vs Oklahoma State and @ Oklahoma State (2)
        vs Oklahoma and @ Oklahoma
        @ Kansas State and vs Kansas State

So I don't think this schedule is too bad. Plus you need some games on the schedule that you can use for player and team development purposes.,
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 1, 2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think your take is a bit harsh. Sure there are some mediocre to weak opponents in the roads games with 13 games against Utah Tech (4), Oakland (3), Stetson (3) and UMass (3). However, the other 19 non-conference games on the schedule are good opponents:

@ Long Beach State (3)
          @ Kansas and vs Kansas
          @ Creighton (3)

So I don't think this schedule is too bad. Plus you need some games on the schedule that you can use for player and team development purposes.,
          What's wrong with three games against Stetson??? They've had a few down years (not as many as us though), but are (were) a solid baseball program (just like us,too).

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

What's wrong with three games against Stetson??? They've had a few down years (not as many as us though), but are (were) a solid baseball program (just like us,too).
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Your "quick draw" is almost has fast as his.

Comment

ELO Rankings at the end of last season:

LBSU 82
                Utah Tech 214
                Oakland 207
                ORU 92
                Kansas 160
                Stetson 112
                OU 4
                Creighton 101
                OSU 18
                Umass 249
                KSU 66

I think ELO is a lot like Pablo for Volleyball and a better measuring stick than RPI but that's just me. RPIs aren't a ton different by comparison.

32 games by my count (I show 3 vs OU 1972Shocker )

6 games vs 1-50
                11 games vs 50-101
                5 games 102-200
                10 games 201-250

Great schedule? Probably not. But not an awful schedule for a team that struggled last year. This team needs to have some success on the field, and I think the schedule sets up for just that.

We have 7 of the stronger games as mid week games once the conference starts.

The 25 games prior to that need to be ones we win a bunch. Without delving a ton into the details, 14-11 would seem to be the absolute floor in those 25 games prior to opening the conference at Cincinnati for the final time. That's not my expectation, just the floor.

We do get the late season long Florida trip again, this time Orlando and UCF for 3 days before heading over to Clearwater for the Conference Tournament for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think your take is a bit harsh. Sure there are some mediocre to weak opponents in the non-con with 13 games against Utah Tech (4), Oakland (3), Stetson (3) and UMass (3). However, the other 19 non-conference games on the schedule are good opponents:

@ Long Beach State (3)
                  @ Kansas and vs Kansas
                  @ Creighton (3)

Last Year RPI for reference:

OU - 5
                  OSU - 19
                  Creighton - 88
                  K-State - 98
                  Oral Roberts - 104
                  Long Beach - 133
                  Stetson - 144
                  (Wichita State - 145)
                  KU - 158
                  Utah Tech (Dixie State) - 177
                  UMass - 199
                  Oakland - 221

I would classify OU and OSU the only teams not really mediocre or weak. I'm not dogging the schedule - I just think it shows where we sit in the landscape nowadays. We aren't good enough to get or even want to play a really tough schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Stetson is not terrible. A little below .500 last year. Could be better this year, but who knows? In any case, that just strengthens my point that the non-conference schedule is not that bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X