Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    What is going on with Creighton?
    I love it, sCUm will be 2-7 in the league today after their thrashing of ISU-B.

I am sure that they have been sandbagging to position themselves for a late run at the title.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Just got home from the long 600 mile drive (although the time passed by much quicker with the win today).

I really liked the way the team fought back to win today (I liked the way they fought back on Saturday too, even though they fell a little short). They appeared determined to win this game. Kenny Long is an experienced pitcher who has been shutting teams down all year (1.35 ERA with 7 saves). It was great to see our guys adjust at the plate and smack him around to give him his first loss.

I also have to give kudos to Kyle Boughman for pitching great today. The Redbirds have several upperclassmen who are hitting the ball well this year and Kyle shut them down. TJ McGreevey also pitched well today.
      Last edited by shocker3; April 9, 2012, 04:37 AM.

Comment

WOW. Maybe I should leave town more often. We went out of town this weekend to spend Easter with relatives. I didn't get a chance to listen to any of the games. I get back today and find out we not only went 2-1 on the road against a top 50 rpi team but we got a ton of hits. Maybe I should quit listening to the games. Hopefully this road trip will give the team the shot in the arm they needed.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          They are going to beat Indiana State today, and with Missouri State dropping 2 of 3 at Bradley, with 2 losses the Shocks are in as good a shape as anyone right now......which is nearly impossible to believe.

Missouri State 4-2
          Wichita State 4-2
          Indiana State 6-3
          Southern Illinois 5-4
          Bradley 3-3
          Evansville 4-5
          Illinois State 2-4
          Creighton 2-7
          Wake me up from my dream. BU takes 2 of 3 from MoST? This is hard to believe. It is up to the team now. They can control their own destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
            Very nice win.

12 of our next 17 games are against the RPI top 100 (9 of 17 against the top 50). Ironically, all 5 of the non-top 100 opponents are Big XII teams.

Our RPI is 72 after today. There is still a snowball's chance in hell we can make a run at an-large bid. I am, however, keeping my expectations in check.
            I still remain cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Gotta hand it to young Full Pack for holding the fort and picking up the win, and also to the offense for battling back again after a poor start by Shocker pitching put them in a hole. This team is showing some resiliency. Also nice to see them end the losing streak at one, which is always good with this team since one loss in a row so often turns into three.

By the way, who else has noticed that this Shocker team is absolutely walking proof that there's no momentum in baseball? Good solid wins followed by losses ranging from tough to embarrassing, followed in turn by good wins. That was the story this weekend, against SIU last weekend, the week before against Long Beach with the miracle comeback followed by a debacle and a botch, the week before that against Purdue with two poundings followed by a doubleheader sweep, etc., etc. Next time anyone talks about this team somehow "setting the tone" for anything, just laugh out loud.

Comment

Working...
              X