No announcement yet.

Shox vs Redbird [Game 2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, another shaky effort by Full Pack, Jr. Unearned, maybe, but how much sympathy can you have for a guy who gives up three hits while getting two outs?

By the way, how is Mormann holding on as the #2 starter? Don't you actually have to DO something (e.g., pitch well) rather than just BEING something (big, powerful, drafted, blessed with tools)? Kemnitz knows his guys better than I do, but really -- how long can his patience hold out?

Comment

Tough loss. I do like the way the team fought back to tie it at 5 after being down 5-1.

Aaron LaBrie pitched great today. TJ McGreevey also got the job down in the 8th in relief. Cale did get the ready made double play ground ball that wasn't turned but did back it up well to keep Ill St from scoring on that play. He also got the ground out ball that should have ended the game, but on their crappy field it takes a bad hop, hopping away from our fielder allowing Ill St to get the wiining run.

Comment

Cale has had a few rough outings lately. In the past he has been really nails. Can't really fault him much today. It sounded like he got 2 grounders that could have ended the IllSt threat.

--'85.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
          Tough way to lose.
          Tough but typical.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
            He also got the ground out ball that should have ended the game, but on their crappy field it takes a bad hop, hopping away from our fielder allowing Ill St to get the wiining run.
            I don't follow games that closely anymore, but correct me if I'm wrong. Weren't we the benefit of some runs yesterday because of that crappy field? Sounds like things are just evening out to me.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
              Cale has had a few rough outings lately. In the past he has been really nails. Can't really fault him much today. It sounded like he got 2 grounders that could have ended the IllSt threat.

--'85.
              Fair enough, 3 and 85, I'll give Elam a break since I wasn't there to see what happened. But he has indeed had a few rough outings lately, and he needs to get back on track. This team doesn't have enough margin for error that they can let winnable games get away. And I agree, 3, it was good to see them fight back, which is actually something this team has shown the ability to do at times. But I wish Kemnitz would also agree that maybe Mormann needs a break from necessitating the comebacks for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Fair enough, 3 and 85, I'll give Elam a break since I wasn't there to see what happened. But he has indeed had a few rough outings lately, and he needs to get back on track. This team doesn't have enough margin for error that they can let winnable games get away. And I agree, 3, it was good to see them fight back, which is actually something this team has shown the ability to do at times. But I wish Kemnitz would also agree that maybe Mormann needs a break from necessitating the comebacks for a while.
                Kemnitz said Elam arm slot is slightly off on his slider and it has caused it to flatten out and it make it less effective and more hittable.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Kemnitz said Elam arm slot is slightly off on his slider and it has caused it to flatten out and it make it less effective and more hittable.
                  Thanks for the info. I obviously didn't get a chance to listen to Brent's show on Saturday (I will listen to the podcast later). I don't know if Cale made an adjustment on Sunday but he did look more effective.

Comment

Working...
                  X