Fall Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Ball

It's going to be a very interesting fall. Lots of new faces. Who from the 2022 recruiting class will make immediate impact? Safe to say, they need at least 3-4 of these newbies to step right in. And while fall ball is mostly just scrimmaging, I do think it sets the stage for the coming spring season, so performance definitely matters. Any predictions?

I think it will be competitive for sure. I'd be pleased with a healthy competitive fall, and some solidifying of the infield positions, which as of right now are completely up in the air to me, at every position. The only thing I'm certain of is Rodden playing somewhere (probably 2nd or short).

1st is wide open, wherever Rodden doesn't play is wide open, catcher is wide open and while Sawyre has the inside track at 3rd, that position is certainly open to someone willing to take it.

Comment

When is the first day of school?

When will they put up the new baseball roster?

Baseball is one of only rosters not up yet.

Comment

I believe Tuesday is the first day of classes. As far as the roster, I THINK the roster limit is 35 and given that around 45 kids will start practice in the fall, I'm not exactly sure when they will have the roster updated with all the names. I'm too old to remember what they did last season.

Comment

Monday

Comment

I believe there’s a team meeting on Sunday and practice starts on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatFear View Post
              I believe there’s a team meeting on Sunday and practice starts on Monday.
              Correction, practice starts tomorrow (Wednesday).

Comment

We've got a bit of an "All Airport Team". These guys look good and big getting off the plane (or bus, as it were).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  We've got a bit of an "All Airport Team". These guys look good and big getting off the plane (or bus, as it were).
                  Yeah, they are big. I'm curious if that's a core Wedge recruiting philosophy or if that's just how it worked out for this group.

Comment

I would take an "All Bus Depot Team" if they can play and win a lot of games. On the other hand, our best player is 5'9".
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 23, 2022, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I would take and "All Bus Depot Team" if they can play and win a lot of games. On the other hand, our best player is 5'9".
                      He may be 5'9" but it's all choice. Dude is absolutely ripped out after the summer, and he's not the only one. No idea if it will translate to on the field success, but this is a bigger, stronger, more athletic team than I've seen .....well I can't remember a team like this, and they're just getting started, especially most of the newbies.

Comment

He may be 5'9" but it's all choice. Dude is absolutely ripped out after the summer, and he's not the only one. No idea if it will translate to on the field success, but this is a bigger, stronger, more athletic team than I've seen .....well I can't remember a team like this, and they're just getting started, especially most of the newbies.
                        Me too!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I’ll have to look up the profiles of the ‘23 and ‘24 recruits and see if they’re big dudes as well. Just curious if this is a trend or just coincidence.

Comment

Any idea what the fall schedule looks like?

Comment

Baseball Schedules Three Fall Exhibitions

The Wichita State baseball team has announced a trio of fall exhibition contests against outside opposition. All games will begin at 4:00 pm from Eck Stadium, with $5 admission.

Monday, September 19 - vs. Cowley County Community College
                              Monday, September 26 - vs. Mississauga Tigers
                              Monday, October 3 - vs. Pittsburg State

Times and dates for the annual Fall World Series games will be announced in the coming days.

Comment

Working...
                              X