No announcement yet.

Shox vs. Salukis Game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good game they made some adjustments and hit the ball.

Pitching giving up seven runs is a problem. Elam should have not been out there to start the 9th in non save situation.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      How do you know that I have a droid? Actually I do. I barely know how to use it though.
      From people I know who have droids - they suck down power real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        I had an HTC Thunderbolt that was the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen. Even with the extended battery it would not last more than four hours.

Finally gave up and got an iPhone, which makes me a p***y but I will just have to live with that stigma.

I did change the pretentious "Sent from my iPhone 4S to Sent from my Pork Tornado # 24".

I really hate Apple but what are you going to do when they make the best phone?
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I had a Blackberry until a few months ago and I thought it sucked down power quickly. The droid lasts okay as long as I use it for a phone, once I start using the internet on it, the power sucks down very very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            I had a Blackberry until a few months ago and I thought it sucked down power quickly. The droid lasts okay as long as I use it for a phone, once I start using the internet on it, the power sucks down very very fast.
            I had a blackberry before I went to IPHONE. Blackberry is a dog as far as their smartphones go (except for how they handled e-mail and BBM). That is why RIM will be going out of business (unless somebody buys them). Funny how they opened the door to the smart market, but they didn't know how to manage their success and they made decisions like GPS w/no wi-fi and wi-fi with no GPS.

Comment

SIU must suck..
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Nice to see Casey have a good day at the plate. Whether or not he can keep it going remains to be seen.

What side of the plate was he batting from when he hit is homers?

Comment

Left If I recall correctly. His swings looked pretty sickly from the RHS.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    A. He recruited them;

B. It is his job to coach them up;

C. It is an overall strategy that is lacking with the recent Shocker teams. Certain situations dictate they do certain things and it isn't happening.

Why can't Gene tell Parker to work the count in those situations and let Doggett bother the pitcher?

Maddening.
                    This will surprise those who disparage me as a sunshine pumper, etc., but I have to agree, lax. I'm a huge fan of Gene and believe that he'll go down in history as WSU's best coach in any NCAA sport ever (I say it that way because Gordon Vadakin doesn't count -- there are few coaches in any sport anywhere who can equal what he's done with the Shocker bowling program, but it isn't an NCAA sport at WSU.)

But I've never fully understood the "low IQ" stuff, for the reasons that lax stated. I don't care at all for the puppet master style of coaching / managing, where nothing happens that isn't called or dictated from the dugout or the coaching lines. But surely there has to be a middle ground between the approach where players are just robots asked to execute according to directions and the pro style where guys are supposed to know and apply some baseball intricacies without having their hands held all the time.

So, if they're hopelessly dumb, don't recruit them. If, instead, they're not hopeless but just undercoached coming in, then work on fixing them. And if they're in the process of being fixed but not there yet, don't be stubborn; tell them what to do in situations where they may need some guidance to get it right. Why is that so hard?

Comment

Gene on the pregame show that this team had low baseball IQ
                      Might as well throw the players under the bus, because the Lord knows the current coaching staff is not going to shoulder the responsibility for poor play. This circus act is not entertaining any more. It is time for this staff to be kicked to the curb and bring in a staff with some fire in their belly. There are some players with a pretty high ceiling on this team, but they aren't being put in position or motivated to succeed.

--'85.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Left If I recall correctly. His swings looked pretty sickly from the RHS.
                        If that's the case they were both opposite field shots correct? Which is good if that was the case. Perhaps Casey needs to give up switch hitting for awhile and see how he does batting strictly lefty. Does anyone know what Casey's hitting stats are from the left side vs the right side?

Comment

Working...
                        X