Shox vs. Salukis Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Salukis Game 2

Former Shocker Cameron Moldonaldo is scheduled to pitch for the Salukis today. Last year the Shockers shelled him. He has been pitching much better this year, it will be interesting to see if the Shox can take it to him again.

Why is it we pitch well when we can't score a run but when we jump out to a lead we can't ever hold it?

Comment

oh I don't know...maybe because they suck?

Comment

Pretty brutal collapse.

Shocks led 3-0 in the 5th, now trail 7-3 in the 6th.

Comment

Can we put a 2014 Countdown Clock on this board?

Comment

score?

Comment

We were down 9 to 3 in the 7th when I turned off the radio.

Comment

Yet another embarrassing performance. 10-3.

This has to stop. SIU has better material than WSU. UNACCEPTABLE GENE. I love what you've done for the city, Wichita State and your program, but it's past time.

Since it's obvious you aren't going to be fired, when you deserved to be, then you MUST step down with grace, while you still can.

At least some grace.

Comment

Is Gene really to blame? He's not out there pitching, fielding, hitting or running is he? I guess you can rationalize that he recruited these kids so some blame can be held against him. We just don't have the horses like we used to.

Comment

Headed to the ballpark again tonight.

It is past time Coach Stephenson. Please dont make me call you Gene.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                      Is Gene really to blame? He's not out there pitching, fielding, hitting or running is he? I guess you can rationalize that he recruited these kids so some blame can be held against him. We just don't have the horses like we used to.
                      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        Seemed like Gene received a lot of the credit and kudos in the good ol' days, so yes I think Gene is where the buck stops.

Comment

Wearing my WSU gear got me asked "what happened to you guys? Loved playing you guys in Omaha"

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            Wearing my WSU gear got me asked "what happened to you guys? Loved playing you guys in Omaha"
                            So what was your response?

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                              Pretty brutal collapse.

Shocks led 3-0 in the 5th, now trail 7-3 in the 6th.
                              Pretty strange game. We were coasting along with a 3-0 lead, Mormann was pitching great and then all of a sudden he gives up a solo home run and the wheels fall off the wagon. Mormann just seemed to lose it after that, he didn't pitch well at all after giving up the home run. TJ McGreevey didn't seem to have it in relief and gives up 5 runs in one inning and just like that it is game over. Our offense totally disappeared at that point too. I will say the guys that came in to pitch after McGreevey did just fine, but the game was over at that point.

Comment

Working...
                              X