Shox vs. Salukis Game 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Salukis Game 1

Shox open up conference play with SIU this weekend. The Friday SIU starter, Cody Forsythe is the guy who beat us last year. Their Saturday starter is Cameron Moldanado, a former WSU pitcher.

SIU opened Valley play last weekend, taking 2 of 3 from Bradley. SIU has a rpi of 138.

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
    Shox open up conference play with SIU this weekend. The Friday SIU starter, Cody Forsythe is the guy who beat us last year. Their Saturday starter is Cameron Moldanado, a former WSU pitcher.

SIU opened Valley play last weekend, taking 2 of 3 from Bradley. SIU has a rpi of 138.
    Well, that could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Well, that could be interesting.
      Why? He was a starter for them last year when WSU played them.

Comment

Keven Hall leads the MVC with current hitting streaks at 14. Longest Hitting streak is 15 (Two SIU batters).

SIU is #3 hitting team in the MVC, WSU is #4
        SIU is the worst pitching team in the MVC, WSU #3
        SIU is the worst fielding team in the MVC, WSU #6

SIU has #6 and #7 best hitters in the league (Montgomery 0.386, Serritella 0.382, 6 HR)
        WSU best hitter comes in at #12 (Coy 0.359, 5 HR)

Hall is 3rd in the MVC with 11 SB

Likelihood of WSU Sweeping the series - 22%
        Likelihood of WSU winning the series - 66%

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
          Why? He was a starter for them last year when WSU played them.
          And he lost last year in an unimpressive start. Except for one bad outing this year, his been a pretty effective starter and has improved on his numbers. What was the reason again that he left WSU?

Comment

And he lost last year in an unimpressive start. Except for one bad outing this year, his been a pretty effective starter and has improved on his numbers. What was the reason again that he left WSU?
            If I recall he had an Injury and was buried at the time. Went to a JUCO, then ended up at SIU. Had a 6+ ERA last year, had a 5.60 his freshman year here. Looks like a 5+ ERA this year so not sure what you are getting at. He is a solid guy but no better than the guys WSU is throwing out there as well. At the time I believe he was buried behind Cooper, Flynn, Kelley, Smith, and Lowell. So which one of those guys are you sorry that Cameron didn't get to stay and start over?

I remember being excited about him out of high school, I think he got here got injured and didn't see a starting spot opening up for him until late in his career and he transferred. I don't think there are hard feelings with either partybut I could be wrong.

Also I'm sure after this he will throw a nono against the shox.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Kevin Hall leads the MVC with current hitting streaks at 14. Longest Hitting streak is 15 (Two SIU batters).
              I believe Kevin's hitting streak came to an end on Wednesday with his 0-3 night in the second South Alabama game.

Comment

I don't think there are hard feelings with either partybut I could be wrong.
                That was my understanding also. In fact, I think Cameron felt like the Shocks were very helpful in allowing him to continue his college career.

Not look forward to him throwing a no-no at us though. :wink-new:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  That was my understanding also. In fact, I think Cameron felt like the Shocks were very helpful in allowing him to continue his college career.

Not look forward to him throwing a no-no at us though. :wink-new:
                  If I remember right we shelled him last year, so that might give him even more incentive to try and shut us down this year.

Comment

It doesn't look like him or anybody on SIU pitching staff shuts anybody down. WSU hitters should come out with a renewed confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      It doesn't look like him or anybody on SIU pitching staff shuts anybody down. WSU hitters should come out with a renewed confidence.
                      I like your attitude.

Comment

If I recall he had an Injury and was buried at the time. Went to a JUCO, then ended up at SIU. Had a 6+ ERA last year, had a 5.60 his freshman year here. Looks like a 5+ ERA this year so not sure what you are getting at. He is a solid guy but no better than the guys WSU is throwing out there as well. At the time I believe he was buried behind Cooper, Flynn, Kelley, Smith, and Lowell. So which one of those guys are you sorry that Cameron didn't get to stay and start over?

I remember being excited about him out of high school, I think he got here got injured and didn't see a starting spot opening up for him until late in his career and he transferred. I don't think there are hard feelings with either partybut I could be wrong.

Also I'm sure after this he will throw a nono against the shox.
                        Thanks for the additional info (and to @1972Shocker:). I guess my point was, 1) he had improved some this year and 2) got shelled in one game where he allowed 8 runs in 4 innings, so he had pitch fairly well in his others games so far. This would not be the time a former Shocker to give us another L.

Comment

This would not be the time a former Shocker to give us another L.
                          Never a good time for that, but you're right, now is definately the time to avoid that circumstance.

Comment

IT'S CALLED THE SQEEZE PLAY!!!

2 innings in a row with a runner on 3 and less than 2 outs, 2 innings in a row the runner is stranded. Gene when you can't hit your way out of a wet paper sack you have to start forcing the issue when you have a chance to score.

Comment

Shocker baseball since 2009: Good pitching, worse hitting.

Tonight has illustrated this pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                              X