X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Fantastic!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hall of Fame Feature: Charlie Giaudrone

Charlie Giaudrone declined the offer to redshirt as a freshman, despite the advice of coaches who told him experienced Shockers stood in his way. An excellent student, Giaudrone planned to get his degree and attend podiatry school.

Comment

Prayers for former Shocker Erik Harbutz. He and Johnny Coy have both had to go through this in the last year.

Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
            Prayers for former Shocker Erik Harbutz. He and Johnny Coy have both had to go through this in the last year.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...apimobile_beta
            Excuse me while I go hug my little people. Erik and Johnny have joined a club that no person should ever have to join.

Kyrie eleison! Christe eleison! (Lord, have mercy! Christ, have mercy!)

78-65

Comment

Awww
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Baseballs Greatest Moments

Joe Carter pranks rookie Derek Bell.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5JSmZhJR_l/?igsh=c3dvZXFnbDZuY2Y5

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/XaGYmKbKxAsbYUjk/?mibextid=w8EBqM

Comment

Comment

Alec Bohm is hot hot hot!

The Phillies are out to a strong 16-10 start here in 2024 and a portion of the credit has to …

Alec Bohm Is the Best Third Baseman in Baseball – Philly Sports

With the third pick in the 2018 Major League Baseball draft, the Phillies selected Alec Bohm.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Alec Bohm is hot hot hot!

The Phillies are out to a strong 16-10 start here in 2024 and a portion of the credit has to …

Alec Bohm Is the Best Third Baseman in Baseball – Philly Sports

With the third pick in the 2018 Major League Baseball draft, the Phillies selected Alec Bohm.

Here’s your NIL source for baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Here’s your NIL source for baseball.
                        Was told by someone with first hand knowledge that LSU has several plans for all their major leaguers/large signees that includes peer pressure from past stars. "Look, you are where you are partially because of your success and the facilities at LSU. You have an obligation." An extensive menu of facility upgrades/add ons, travel options, equipment, NIL etc are presented to them with a "pick one or more" option.

Also heard creative ideas for some mega donors who park money into (mostly) fixed income machines and the NIL (or otherwise) get the income but not the original asset. For instance, 'Fev dumps 100,000,000 into a 5% CD but keeps ownership of the original money while the income spins off to the NIL fund. Fev keeps the ability to get to the money if needed and after the time period, reinvests into the next vehicle or moves on to something else. Yes, it's still a big donation that he's giving up, but allows the Collective to hit up several people at different times and the donors aren't out their nest egg (or part of it) until they want to be. I'm sure there are a variety of tax benefits for all involved that a tax attorney would have to get into, but it is creative. And yes, you need 9 and 10 figure donors which I realize don't grow on trees.

Even getting 20 former major leaguers (or highly successful alumni, and there are LOTS of those winners out there) to park $100,000 each would net baseball 100,000 per year which would be a heck of an NIL start (if that's where they wanted the money to go).

10 individuals or corps that could set aside 10 Mil each for a year would net 5 million......that's a hell of a start and all the donors would have their base back (if they wanted) at the end.

I'm not calling for it, because I am not a fan of it. It's just what I've heard the big boys doing. There's also the opposite take....we're NEVER going to win the NIL battle....so find partners that you get along with. Send us your projects. We'll take care of them, how you want, and if they develop then come get them. We'll point them to you as best we can. Of course, we'll expect some donations to take care of them at the level you want. And if we succeed while they develop, all the better. A college minor league affiliate.

Comment

Working...
                        X