WSU vs S. Alabama [Game 1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    7-2 S. Alabama. According to Shane Shox are just going through the motions.
    Yeah, Shane sounded pretty disgusted. Mike's description was that "you need to put up a tent over this circus".

Comment

I think Shane Dennis ....maybe he should be a coach

Comment

There are other threads regarding Eric Sexton's achievements, or lack there of, and I'm not here to take sides. However, ES needs to grow a pair and have a heart to heart with Crusty about getting answers on how he's going to turn this program around, quickly. Otherwise, ES needs to do it for him.

Comment

I don't know what to think honestly. I'm just a fan and don't make the calls for this team, but they are a lifeless bunch at times and really bad hitters. I never feel good when any of them are up to bat (Coy might be the exception). When TJ came out, I just winced, knowing what was coming. When Grandpa pinch hit Green for Casey, I was just like... 'wow'. They just aren't fun to watch but I'll still go. Here's hoping for a .500 season? Really? Horrible 3 weeks of sports for me. :)

Comment

You kind of have a sticky wicket of a contract in the way. Not sure ADES can justify a buyout considering how much Gene is overpaid at this point. I think Gene is making in excess of $425,000 per annum at this point. Not sure what it would take money-wise for Gene to retire and walk away although I'm not sure what incentive Gene has to accept less than a full buy-out of his contract which runs through 06/30/14 unless he has just had enough.

The fact that Gene has not received a contract extension with only 2 more years remaining on his current contract should tell him the writing is on the wall and at the very least it is time to begin planning for the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              There are other threads regarding Eric Sexton's achievements, or lack there of, and I'm not here to take sides. However, ES needs to grow a pair and have a heart to heart with Crusty about getting answers on how he's going to turn this program around, quickly. Otherwise, ES needs to do it for him.
              Do you really think that's going to happen?

That is less likely than JT getting the boot, which is remote in and of itself.

BTW, I don't disagree a bit with your wishes.

I've grumbled and griped about changes needing to be made for the past two years, but it is the same as complaining about the weather. We just have to ride it out.
              Last edited by shoxlax; March 27, 2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Idk, From some of the rumblings I have heard, I think you don't give enough credit to Sexton.

Comment

Look, I didn't say ES should fire Gene, but as an AD, he should be able to demand some answers of how Gene's going to right the boat. I'm sure there are pressure points and ES can make "suggestions".

Comment

I think JT getting the boot is probably under Gene's control per his contract unless it is for cause.

You can get rid of Gene by writing him an $850,000+ check at the end of this season. I don't think that is going to happen.

Will Gene come to the realization that he is trashing his legacy. I doubt it.

I think he began coasting when he accepted then declined the OU job. He stated then he did not think he could win at WSU anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I think JT getting the boot is probably under Gene's control per his contract unless it is for cause.

You can get rid of Gene by writing him an $850,000+ check at the end of this season. I don't think that is going to happen.

I think he began coasting when he accepted then declined the OU job. He stated then he did not think he could win at WSU anymore.
                      Sure, it is in his control. But it won't happen.

Comment

He stated then he did not think he could win at WSU anymore.
                        One thing about it - he has made it a self fulfilling prophecy.

Comment

I agree. However, that's why there's an urgency to apply pressure. It's time to save the program before there's no program worth saving. If Gene is that ignorant, then choices need to be made.

Comment

Sure, it is in his control. But it won't happen.
                            No argument there.

Comment

His contract ends in a little over two years.

It isn't going to be renewed.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

It isn't going to be renewed.
                                Yep, that's been pointed out. The question is what options do we have, if any, to accelerate the process and can we afford them.

The other problem with that is Gene becomes a lame-duck after this season from a recruiting standpoint. Will that cause the program to decline even more before the contract expires on 06/30/14?

Comment

Working...
                                X