Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 AAC Tournament - Day 2

2022 AAC Tournament - Day 2

Game 6: Wichita State (21-35, 9-15 American) vs. UCF (32-24, 14-10 American)
    Tuesday, May 25 | First pitch 47 minutes after Game Five, which starts at 2:00 pm CT | Clearwater, Florida (BayCare Ballpark)
    TV: ESPN+ | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM

So barring weather delays and an extra long game between Tulane and South Florida we're looking at a start around 6:00 pm.

Not sure who will start on the mound for the Shocks. My guess is Cameron Bye. Whether or not HCEW goes with an opener in this remains to be seen. My choice would be to start Cameron although Cameron did not fare very well against UCF in Wichita during the regular season. That was the game 2 of UCF's seires sweep which UCF won 16-12. But Payton Tolle did not fare all that well against UCF in Game 3 of that series either.

Not sure many fans will be that upset if this season comes to an end today. I'm just looking for anything that provides a little positive hope for next year, win or lose.

Screw that I want to WIN!!! LET'S GO!!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

And yes, I have a box of Kleenex handy.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        And yes, I have a box of Kleenex handy.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hopefully, we're witnessing a bottoming out of the program this year and will start seeing a rebound next year.

I think the Shocks have some nice pieces coming back next year but clearly need some help. Once the season is over we can delve into that a little bit.

Comment

Tulane eliminates USF 9-6.

First pitch for the Shockers-UCF game is scheule for 5:55 CT.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 25, 2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

How many Butler players will be left after this year? I don't count the ones that Wedge rerecruited after they committed, because they belong to him, for better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                How many Butler players will be left after this year? I don't count the ones that Wedge rerecruited after they committed, because they belong to him, for better or worse.
                I think the answer to that is none. The only players on Butler's last roster that are still on the team are Ross Cadena, Garrett Kocis, Jack Sigrist and Ryan Stuempfig none of whom will be returning next year.

Comment

Shocks are the visiting team in this one.

Comment

UCF's Connor Staine has good stuff but so far his command hasn't been very good.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 25, 2022, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Would be good to get some runs on Staine early. 1 run in already and 2 on.

Comment

Bases loaded now for X with 2 outs. X with pop out. Missed opportunities continue to haunt this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          Would be good to get some runs on Staine early. 1 run in already and 2 on.
                          Yep. He is the kind of guy if you don't get when you have the chance he may settle down not give you many chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            Missed opportunities continue to haunt this team.
                            Indeed. 11 left on base against Houston and 3 in the 1st against UCF.

Comment

That kid in the grandstands on the 1st base side may end up with a decent haul of baseballs by the end of this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X