Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Conference Shox

Go Shockers - Bye, Ingram, Rodden Named First Team All-Conference

Bye has transformed from a middle reliever at the beginning of the season to one of the conference's top starting pitchers, going 5-1 with a 3.03 ERA over 65.1 innings during the regular season. He opened his sophomore season with 24.2 innings without allowing an earned run, spanning five relief appearances and four starts. He held down some of the league's best offenses in AAC play, blanking East Carolina over eight dominant innings with eight strikeouts and allowing just one earned run over 7.1 frames vs. Houston. Bye's only loss of the season came in a quality start, when he surrendered four hits and two runs against Cincinnati.

Ingram developed into one of the league's premier sluggers as a sophomore, all while taking over as the Shockers everyday centerfielder. The physical right-handed hitter piled up 18 multi-hit games, including a five-hit game against New Mexico and a four-hit outing this past weekend against South Florida. For the season, Ingram slashed .309/.364/.583, finishing second in the league in total bases (130), third in RBI (51), and third in home runs (16). Ingram also dramatically improved his walk rate from a season ago; after drawing just four walks in 2021, Ingram earned 17 bases on balls this season to raise his on-base percentage 90 points.

Rodden leads the Shockers in batting average (.335), on-base percentage (.434) and slugging percentage (.641) in his first season in the Black and Yellow, establishing himself among the nation's top second basemen. The switch-hitter leads the American Athletic Conference with 134 total bases, while also ranking in the top five in hits, runs scored and home runs. His 20 multi-hit games are tops on the Shockers squad, including nine three-hit games.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

My post 6 days ago on this subject:
    https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...77#post1353377

I felt like Brock deserved and would be a 1st teamer but I thought Chuck and Cameron were more likely to be 2nd teamers.

So pretty good treatment from the league especially for a 6th place team.

Brock was also named Newcomer Position Player of the Year.

ECU placed 4 on the 1st team and 6 on the 2nd team.

Comment

Rodden is a stud - a really fun hitter to watch. And Chuck has ridiculous upside. Beautiful swing and crazy bat speed. If he can become more selective at the plate he truly has an MLB bat. But 66 K’s versus only 17 BB’s is not ideal.

Comment

Working...
      X