• Shox vs Oklahoma - 05-16-2022

May 16 (Mon) 6:00 p.m.
    vs Oklahoma
    Wichita, Kan. Eck Stadium
    Radio: KFH 97.5FM/1240AM

Listen

Live Stats

History

Getting smoked by Oklahoma won't help our confidence, but I do see why we shouldn't run our stud horses in tonight's event. Would be really cool if the boys step up and get a W or keep this respectable though.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Tonight I suspect we will see a bunch of guys who haven't pitched much lately go an inning or 2 each. Assuming they can get through an inning.

At this point, I think it is one step at a time for the Shockers. I don't think winning the Oklahoma game is a top priority. We are 2-10 in mid-week games this year. A win would be nice but not likely and not all that meaningful other than for team confidence.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 16, 2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

OU is in a similar position as the Shocks. They play their final Big 12 series at Texas Tech on Thursday, Friday and Saturday then head into the Big 12 Tournament. However, they have an extra day as that Tournament starts on Wednesday next week.

Comment

Comment

Oklahoma (31-18, 13-8 Big 12) vs. Wichita State (19-32, 8-13 American)
          Monday, May 16 | 6:00 pm | Wichita, Kansas (Eck Stadium)
          TV: ESPN+ | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM
          RHP Aaron Calhoun (0-0, 7.50) vs. LHP Caden Favors (1-1, 2.66)

Comment

Pretty solid start by Caden Favors. Only faced 1 over the minimum and that was a batter he hit after catching a cleat and losing his balance. Considering OU put up 40 runs against West Virginia in 3 games this past weekend that is pretty good work. My guess is Caden is probably done for the evening but he has only thrown 30 pitches.

Comment

The Grain Gang is back tonight. The Shocker bullpen is joining in.

Comment

A Stroh walk, a Rodden single, a Thornhill single, a Rogers sac fly and a Tolle single plates 3 for the Shocks. Roger sac fly just missed being a home run as the OU left fielder went over the fence in the left field corner to take a home run away from Jordan.

Shocks lead 3-0 after 3.

Caden Favors is back out to start the 4th.

Comment

Caden sets OU down 1-2-3 in the 4th on a couple of well hit at 'em balls to the outfield and a superb defensive gem by Andrew Stewart on ground ball he fielded on the outfield green a stride or two on the 2nd base side of the bag and then making an off-balance against his body throw to nip the runner at first on a nice pick up by X.

Comment

X bangs one off the scoreboard to lead off the Shocker 4th extending the lead to 4-0.

Williams reaches on a throwing error by the OU shortstop and 2 outs later scores in front of a Brock Rodden line drive home run over the right field wall. Shocks lead 6-0.

Brock Rodden hits the snot out of the ball for a little guy.

The sidearmer pitching for OU had only given up 1 home run previously this year. The Shocks get him for 2 in one inning.

OU brings in a righty. Thornhill reaches on an error by the OU 2nd baseman and Rogers is hit by a pitch. Tolle gets up on the count 3-1 and Shane announces that the next pitch will a tough one for the OU pitcher. Payton drives a no-doubter over the left field wall. X grounds out to 3rd and inning comes to a close but the Shocks are up 9-0.

Jace Miner on to pitch the 5th.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 16, 2022, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I'm not gonna say a word, because there is a LOT of game left. Not. A. Word.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        X bangs one off the scoreboard to lead off the Shocker 4th extending the lead to 4-0.

Williams reaches on a throwing error by the OU shortstop and 2 outs later scores in front of a Brock Rodden line drive home run over the right field wall. Shocks lead 6-0.

Brock Rodden hits the snot out of the ball for a little guy.

The sidearmer pitching for OU had only given up 1 home run previously this year. The Shocks get for 2 in one inning.
                        Why does he hate that scoreboard so much

Comment

My lips are SEALED.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            My lips are SEALED.
                            Good move. But you can do the Grain Gang Cha-Cha-Cha if you like.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X