Shox vs. Alcorn St. Games 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Don't worry. '89 has both of them in the World Series by the time it's all said and done. They're just in "rough" stretches right now. Our Top 40 RPI, which is constantly being brought up, is totally legit and credible right now. But those opponents with RPI's around 200 aren't credible right now. Every opponent we face is gonna finish the year in the Top 50. No worries, Doc.
    Talking about exaggerating. I never said that any of those 3 teams will be in the CWS. I said Long Beach should finish in the top 100 (where they are now), USA should do better but not be in the top 50 and I said UNL's rpi will actually get worse playing in the big 10. We play a total of 6 games this year against teams with an rpi of 201+, and I as far as I am concerned those two teams will finish in the 201+ rpi range. '

I also never said that every opponent we face this year will finish in the top 50. In fact, I only said that if all the teams we face that are currently already in the top 50 finish that way, we would end up with 14 games against top 50 opponents. That is a far cry from saying that everyone we face will be in the top 50.

Of course, I know you like to be Mr. Negative. I for one would like to enjoy the 3 game winning streak we are on and hope it continues.

Comment

I'm not worried about Long Beach hurting our RPI, in the end, this won't be a team that hurts us. LBSU consistently plays one of the most difficult schedules in the nation. Their current SOS is ranked 6th in the nation. I wouldn't let their sub .500 record fool you. 10 of their 13 losses have been against teams with sub 100 RPI's. 8 of their losses come from teams in the top 50 RPI.

This team is battle tested and hardened. Winning 2 of 3 games will be terrific against these guys. However, we can't be swept or win just 1 game against LBSU, this is a series that we must continue to prove ourselves instead of showing how up-and-down we are.

Comment

I think Aaron Rea may have hit his way in the line up at 3rd this weekend. Nice job last night.
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
          I think Aaron Rea may have hit his way in the line up at 3rd this weekend. Nice job last night.
          He did come thru both times at bat last night. He got 2 hits and batted in 2 runs.

Comment

Tonight's second game with Alcorn St. has been postponed until May 9. The 2 teams will complete their 2 game series at the Eck on that evening at 6:30pm.

Comment

It was Alcorn State, but he probably deserves at least more regular opportunities to show what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                It was Alcorn State, but he probably deserves at least more regular opportunities to show what he can do.
                Actually I agree with that. The other times I have seen him play he has done pretty well too. I know playing time in the outfield is pretty competitive right now with several good players vying for the 3 spots.

Comment

Aaron came through with some hits tonight in his start at 3rd against Long Beach. He got a double, a single, scored a run and got a huge rbi on a fielders choice in the bottom of the ninth. He also did all right on defense at 3rd considering he was playing out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    Aaron came through with some hits tonight in his start at 3rd against Long Beach. He got a double, a single, scored a run and got a huge rbi on a fielders choice in the bottom of the ninth. He also did all right on defense at 3rd considering he was playing out of position.
                    I thought Aaron Rea had a good night. I really like the way he competes at the plate. He had a tough time playing out of position at third but he did fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X