WSU vs UCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs UCF

I was able to score some bootleg footage of our batting practice!

Last edited by Kung Wu; April 21, 2022, 02:25 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Isn't that our 4-hole hitter?

Comment

At least he is making some contact. That's a start.

Comment

The Shocks' struggles continue. They trailed UCF 8-4 into the bottom of the 9th. But a walk, and single put runners on 1st and 2nd to open the Shockers 9th. After Seth Stroh popped up to shortstop, who dropped the ball but the infield fly rule was in effect, Chuck Ingram double to the base of the wall in left center scoring Andrew Stewart from 2nd and moving Couper Cornblum to 3rd. So the Shocks had runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and the tying run at the plate. But Brock Rodden fouled out to 3rd base and Sawyre Thornhill filed out to center to end the game.

The Shocks have now lost 12 of their last 13 falling to 13-25 overall and 2-8 in AAC play.

Comment

Game 2

UCF gets a 2our RBI single to take a 1-0 lead in the 1st against the Shocks and Cameron Bye.

The Shocks score 3 in the bottom of the 2nd largely due to UCF charity as the Shocks really only had 1 legit hit in the inning but took advantage of a couple walks and a couple of errors.

Shocks lead 3-1 after 2.

Cameron gives up a lead off opposite field home run to right center in the top if the 3rd. That was a legit home run. Not really winded aided to any great degree.

In the Shocker half of the 3rd a Jordan Rogers opposite field double to the right field corner, a Ross Cadena walk and infield single by Andrew Stewart load the bases with 1 out. Couper Cornblum hits a slow roller to 3rd with UCF getting the force out at home. Seth Stroh with a 2-run ground rule double to right center and Chuck Ingram with a 2-run single to left finally come through with some 2-out, RISP base hits as the Shocks plate 4 runs to take a 7-2 lead after 3.

UCF lined the 1st pitch of the 4th inning over the right center field wall to cut the lead to 7-3. With 1 out back-to-back singles and a walk loads the bases for UCF. A passed ball on Cadena moves the runners upmaking it 7-4. A single to left plates 2 more and the Shocker lead is down to 1 at 7-6. Cameron Bye's day is done. Ryan Stuempfig comes on and gets 2 ground ball to 3rd to end the UCF at bat.

With 1-out in the top of the 6th a solo homer by UCF ties the game at 7-all. With 2-outs a 4-pitch walk, a wild pitch and a double to the left field gap plates the go ahead run giving UCF the lead at 8-7. After hitting the next batter Stuempfig is done and Foster Gifford is in. Foster gets a bouncer to short for the force at 2nd to end the at bat.

Seth Stroh gets one up in the windstream to left for a home run leading off the bottom of the 6th to tie it back up at 8-all.

In the top of the 7th Gifford gives up a 1 out single. HCEW brings in Spencer Hynes to face a left handed hitter, Hynes walks him on 4 pitches. Hynes is gone and HCEW brings in his closer Conner Holden with 1 in the 7th. UCF greets Holden with a very good bunt that Holden fields and throw wild past 1st base. 1 runs scores with the other runners ending up on 2nd and 3rd still with 1 out. With the infield drawn in the next UCF batter hit a soft liner through the 4-3 hole inot right scoring 2 more runs.

In the bottom of the 7th with 1 out Ross Cadena doubles down the left field line and scores on a solid single to left center by Andrew Stewart. UCF boots a made to order double play ball to short by Couper Cornblum and the Shocks have runners at 1st and 2nd. Seth Stroh then walks to load the bases. Chuck Ingram hit a rocket right at the 3rd baseman who had no chocie but to catch it. Can't fault that swing one bit. Brock Rodden then swings and misses on a ball in the turf that bounces past the catcher with Rodden reaching first and the runner on 3rd scoring. Sawyre Thornhill grounds out sharply to 1st to end the 7th with UCF luckily cling to an 11-10 lead.

In the top of the 8th Conner hits the lead off batter but gets the next 2 guys but then gives up a blast to left field that cleared the bleachers on its way ot 21st Street. UCF extends their lead to 13-10.

In the bottom half of the 8th Xavier Casserilla leads of with a line drive single to center but Jordan Rogers strikes out and Ross Cadena hits into a 5-4-3 double play.

Derek Shave comes on to pitch the 9th for the Shocks. Derek got the first 2 batters that he faced then gave up a fly ball to center that Jordan Rogers had in his glove at the top of the wall but could not complete the catch. After a hit batter Derek gave up a high fly ball to left that the wind carried just over fence. UCF extends the lead to 16-10.

Andrew Stewart singles to center leading off the 9th. Couper Cornblum strikes out. Seth Stroh gets a bloop double to left with Stewart stopping at 3rd. A willd pitch scores Stewart and moves Stroh to 3rd. Chuck Ingram strikes out for out #2. Rodden lines a ringing double into the right field corner scoring Stroh and making it 16-12. Sawyre Thornhill fouls out to the 3rd baseman to end the game.

Wow. I don't know what to say. Sure can't blame this one on the offense. If you had told me the Shocks would ring the bell 12 times with Cameron Bye on the mound I would have thought the losing streak is coming to an end. Unfortunately, that streak continues as the Shocks have now lost 8 straight and 13 of 14.

Payton Tolle will be on the mound for the Shocks tomorrow.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 23, 2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Something is jacked. I'm showing 9-11, but the stats are showing 0-1. Weird.

Comment

Losing by one in the 7th, bases loaded with 2 outs. Getting interesting.

Comment

I dunno. Don't see us getting 3 runs in the 9th.

Comment

Make that 6. FUDGE!

WSU athletics is severely cursed.

Comment

Something is jacked. I'm showing 9-11, but the stats are showing 0-1. Weird.
                    The live stats either quit working in the 2nd inning or the operator said I got to go.

Comment

Internet went out in the stadium and never came back.

Everything than can go wrong is going wrong.

Somewhere we’ve pissed off the baseball gods something terrible and they are taking their revenge.

I’ve never seen anything like this.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Internet went out in the stadium and never came back.

Everything than can go wrong is going wrong.

Somewhere we’ve pissed off the baseball gods something terrible and they are taking their revenge.

I’ve never seen anything like this.
                        I was on campus yesterday for the jazz festival and saw notices posted that campus internet and phones were out.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

I was on campus yesterday for the jazz festival and saw notices posted that campus internet and phones were out.
                          The live stats worked for the softball games yesterday and today and for the baseball game yesterday and today's game until sometime in the 2nd inning. Also the ESPN+ streams worked fine both yesterday and today although they may have other alternatives for streaming their services.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

WSU lost all their computer services for school mid-morning on Friday and they are still not up.

Comment

Pelfrey should be pissed that the offense could only come up with 12 runs. They’re never gonna give this staff a chance.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X