Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purdue vs Shox - game 2

Shox lose 10-5

What about the home-town umpiring? Why didn't they help the poor pitiful Shocks?

Comment

While taking a walk with the family, saw C. Gillespie drive by me tonight on his way home. He didn't look to happy, now I know why.

Comment

Maybe he had Mizzou going far in his bracket? :)

Comment

and/or Duke.

Comment

Actually 5 runs is pretty good offensive production for this Shocker team. That's probably about as good as it will get support wise for the pitching staff.

Comment

The Shox were actually in it for most of the game. Albert Minnis struggled in the first inning and for over 5 innings but pitched pretty well and managed to last that long. Unfortunately Tobin Mateychick's first pitch back in relief was a 3 run homer for Purdue. He later gave up another 2 run homer. Those were pretty much the difference in the game. Aaron LaBrie came in and handled the dangerous Purdue hitters very well holding them scoreless for the last 2 innings. Johnny Coy did hit a home run that hit the light post but there was no one on base.

Purdue is leading the nation in team batting average. They have several hitters with .400+ averages. They are also averaging nearly 10 runs a game.

I was hoping we could split with these guys. They are very very good. I guess we still can, but it will be tough to win 2 games tomorrow.
              Last edited by shox1989; March 17, 2012, 03:58 AM.

Comment

It is good it is a double header. The shox should at least win one.

Comment

I watched the first inning and left with the Shox trailing 1-0 to stand in front of Koch Arena to welcome the basketball team home. When I got back to the game it was the top of the 6th and the Shox were trailing 4-3. So the four innings I missed the Shox played them even 3 -3.

I get back to watch Albert allow two runners to get on base but also get 2 outs. Unfortunately I also saw Tobin come in to relieve him and give up a 3 run homer on his very first pitch. A very tough way to start back after rehab.

I hope I didn't bring them bad luck. Maybe tomorrow instead of going to the eck, I should just stand in front of Koch arena for a few hours.
                  Last edited by shocker3; March 16, 2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

It is ridiculous to read the box score. All of Purdue's starters are hitting at least .300. Five of the 9 hitters are hitting over .400. It's early in the season yeah, but gosh damn! I'd love five of our hitters to hit .290.

Comment

Shocking.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        While taking a walk with the family, saw C. Gillespie drive by me tonight on his way home. He didn't look to happy, now I know why.
                        I am sure that he is not very happy because he is not hitting his weight.
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          It is good it is a double header. The shox should at least win one.
                          Are you drunk?

Maybe win one?

How about being swept is more like it.

The Shox need to hire the hitting coach from Purdue and fire theirs.
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            It is ridiculous to read the box score. All of Purdue's starters are hitting at least .300. Five of the 9 hitters are hitting over .400. It's early in the season yeah, but gosh damn! I'd love five of our hitters to hit .290.
                            Purdue has quite a few very nice looking players and what appears to be a great approach at the plate. The stand in and offer at the ball with a purpose and almost all make good, solid contact. The HR off Mateychick was a very high fly ball that was probably wind-aided, but the dude made contact and got it airborne. The f-bombs coming from the dugout were loud and in anger.

Cursing is not going to make this team better. Better coaching might.

--'85.
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                              Are you drunk?

Maybe win one?

How about being swept is more like it.

The Shox need to hire the hitting coach from Purdue and fire theirs.
                              I'm just trying to be positive.

I don't think it is a hitting coach, but a coach who can recruit some talent might help first.

Comment

Working...
                              X