Shox vs Missery State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs Missery State

Missouri State (12-9, 0-0 Missouri Valley) vs. Wichita State (11-12, 0-0 American)
    Tuesday, March 29 | 6:00 pm | Wichita, Kansas (Eck Stadium)
    TV: ESPN Plus | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM
    LHP Ty Blecha (1-0, 6.23) vs. RHP Robert Cranz (0-1, 9.00)
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I thought I heard HCEW say Jace Miner would get the start tonight and Cranz tomorrow at Ku?

Comment

Could be old news ... just copy/paste off goshockers.

Think the weather will let us get a game in?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Come hell or high water, the game will be played...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Moving the start time up and hour or two wouldn't hurt, but they still may get it in depending on when things truly start
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I thought I heard HCEW say Jace Miner would get the start tonight and Cranz tomorrow at Ku?
            I had high hopes for Jace Miner. He was the best H.S. pitcher recruit in Pennsylvania, but has struggled in college. He's only pitched a time or two for short stints, but without success. Hopefully, he finds his confidence. As for Cranz, I've been totally unimpressed with him. I'm not sure how highly thought of he was out of high school in Texas, but the only consistent thing from him is mediocre stuff, and the ability to put "meat" balls down the middle of the plate.

It's been a long time since I used the term "meat" balls (to describe a pitch), and it was satisfying.

Comment

It's still way early for Jace. He was, IMHO, kind of thrown to wolves early, put into games into really tough positions. And no, he didn't seize the moment at all.

But he's got a wipeout slider and should be able to succeed in some situations if he can get his head right. Maybe a start is just what he needs. Get a little success (I wouldn't expect that he goes more than 2 innings at best) when it's not a "first pitch has to be something special" situation and then build on that.

There's something about Cranz that the coaches seem drawn to....I'm not a coach so I don't know what that is, but they seem to like his approach or practice...something. They're young and immature....give it time (and I get it, we need help now). I still believe Miner can and will really be a piece at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                It's still way early for Jace. He was, IMHO, kind of thrown to wolves early, put into games into really tough positions. And no, he didn't seize the moment at all.

But he's got a wipeout slider and should be able to succeed in some situations if he can get his head right. Maybe a start is just what he needs. Get a little success (I wouldn't expect that he goes more than 2 innings at best) when it's not a "first pitch has to be something special" situation and then build on that.

There's something about Cranz that the coaches seem drawn to....I'm not a coach so I don't know what that is, but they seem to like his approach or practice...something. They're young and immature....give it time (and I get it, we need help now). I still believe Miner can and will really be a piece at some point.
                I was also thinking that Miner deserved additional opportunities. I would imagine that these starts will include quicker "hooks", and include the entire staff (well most of it), if necessary, to complete these games. It serves no purpose to serve young pitchers to the Lions, and not take their fragile psyches into consideration when they pitch.

Comment

If I was betting, I would take the bet they get this game in.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If I was betting, I would take the bet they get this game in.
                    Then lets win it! Is Missery State still really good?

Comment

Then lets win it! Is Missery State still really good?
                      Nope. Like UNI in basketball, they’re ok about once every five years.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Angry looking sky west of Wichita, but no precip yet.

Comment

Strong north wind. Might miss east Wichita?

Comment

Ah, vone, VONE bolt ov lightning, AH ah ah ah ah ah ahhh

Comment

Yup definitely pushing hard NNE ... seems like this cell would miss WSU, most likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X