X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs Oral Roberts, 03-08-2022

Pitch-off: 3:00 PM

Live stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=398777

Oral Roberts is putting up crazy big numbers on the scoreboard, so somehow we have to come up with a way to slow down these steroided up, cheatin' bastards, with illegal bats.

One of the best ways to beat a bunch of steroid freaks is mentally, by turning their over-aggression against themselves. I think Cadena should "accidentally" stomp on their first hitter's foot real hard and get him all pissed off so he throws a punch and gets ejected. That should translate into a bunch of mouth foamers in the ORU dugout and get them completely out of their game.

Other than that I got nothin'.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I hope revenge is on our mind.

Were gonna need to stop acting like our opponents midweek pitching is the second coming of Nolan Ryan and put up some runs cuz our pitching isn’t gonna contain many.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Oral Roberts is putting up crazy big numbers on the scoreboard, so somehow we have to come up with a way to slow down these steroided up, cheatin' bastards, with illegal bats.

One of the best ways to beat a bunch of steroid freaks is mentally, by turning their over-aggression against themselves. I think Cadena should "accidentally" stomp on their first hitter's foot real hard and get him all pissed off so he throws a punch and gets ejected. That should translate into a bunch of mouth foamers in the ORU dugout and get them completely out of their game.

Wedge needs to ‘win the handshake’ to send a stern message to Oral…

"Everybody from his team would be watching, to see if he got you or not," said former Northern Iowa coach Rick Heller. "They said – 'Be ready at the handshake.' I was, but it didn't work. Even now, when I see him I make damn sure I get in there deep."

RH: Stephenson's Game Starts with a Shake - Wichita State Athletics (goshockers.com)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

FYI, every Shocker home game will be on ESPN+ this season.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          FYI, every Shocker home game will be on ESPN+ this season.
          Does anyone know why this was not the case last year?

IIRC almost every road AAC series had all three on ESPN+ and we only had 1 at most televised. It was embarrassing, confusing and annoying. I can only assume our athletic department had some issue, judging by all the other issues we have.

Comment

Wedgie said Bye will get start.

Comment

I’m getting used to you being the baseball board’s point man for excitement. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Wedgie said Bye will get start.
                Wedge Still searching for success and rewarding good outings. I like it.

I wish our basketball coach had searched and changed things up a little more searching for the right chemistry.

Comment

Interesting. Gotta think Bye will be on a tight pitch count or pre-designated split considering his work Friday (2.2, 5K 44P) where he battled his ass off keeping us in the game.

Gotta find more than 4 guys who will fist fight on the mound. Worried that Bye is more valuable out of the pen, but at this point, when you've gone six and a third and only given up 3 hits, no runs or walks with 9Ks, you deserve a start.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I’m getting used to you being the baseball board’s point man for excitement. Keep it up.
                    I prefer the term "jackass" over "point man", but I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Interesting. Gotta think Bye will be on a tight pitch count or pre-designated split considering his work Friday (2.2, 5K 44P) where he battled his ass off keeping us in the game.

Gotta find more than 4 guys who will fist fight on the mound. Worried that Bye is more valuable out of the pen, but at this point, when you've gone six and a third and only given up 3 hits, no runs or walks with 9Ks, you deserve a start.
                      Wedge said on his show last night that he’ll have about a 60ish pitch count.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Either are preferable to being the group’s pivot man.

we are fortunate to have you at the helm of our beloved board.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Thanks to shoxlax for letting me know HCEW was on Phil's show this morning. Eric said Bye could go 50-60 pitches today. Good stuff. Reminder Thornhill will not be available after getting run in the 8th Sunday.

I kind of get the feeling that they aren't about to take a chance with Tolle at first, so I would have to think he'll DH today. Probably means Stewart at short and Rodden at 2nd. X at 3rd. Cadena catching. Hard to take Cornblum or Ingram out the way they're playing. Maybe Stroh gets a chance to get in the mix today? Love to see him back in there, we need him on his A game. Sigrist at 1st was a bit of wild card this weekend, but I think he's better right now than Rogers, which would be about the only other option at this point.

Comment

I prefer the term "jackass" over "point man", but I'll take what I can get.
                            Hello Johnny!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

True or false: At this point, our best mid-game reliever is LJ McDonough?

Comment

Working...
                              X