Home Cooking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Cooking?

Went to cruise the Tulane forum just to get their viewpoint of their team and if going 1-2 to Wichita was viewed negative or netrual. Several references to Wichita State being known for having questionable umpiring. Apparently this is a known fact and that scheduling at Wichita was a terrible idea.

Is this something that use to be out there? I have never heard of this before.

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
    Went to cruise the Tulane forum just to get their viewpoint of their team and if going 1-2 to Wichita was viewed negative or netrual. Several references to Wichita State being known for having questionable umpiring. Apparently this is a known fact and that scheduling at Wichita was a terrible idea.

Typical sour arses. If they want home cooking, they should go to Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Typical sour arses. If they want home cooking, they should go to Hawaii.

You would think it was just sour grapes, but this was brought up in a thread before any games played, then after the series was over.

Comment

You would think it was just sour grapes, but this was brought up in a thread before any games played, then after the series was over.
        Then I don't know, other than they were pre excusing their fail.

Comment

I don't think Tulane has ever played here before so why in the world would they think there was home cooking. They have no experience here.
          Last edited by shox1989; March 11, 2012, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I saw that too. I'm not sure if memory serves me entirely correctly, but something is telling me Texas Tech has a similar beef. It is amazing that a team who had played us a total of 4 times before this weekend had heard rumors such as this all the way down there. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              I saw that too. I'm not sure if memory serves me entirely correctly, but something is telling me Texas Tech has a similar beef. It is amazing that a team who had played us a total of 4 times before this weekend had heard rumors such as this all the way down there. What gives?
              They have obviously never seen Bobby Holmolka ump. :yahoo:

Comment

Perhaps it was mentioned in one of the game threads, but did anyone else see the "safe" call at 2nd base yesterday that went in our favor? Not sure what Kennedy or Dennis had to say about it, but in person I couldn't believe the call. I never feel like the opposition gets squeezed by the umpires, if anything, I feel like we get the raw end of most calls.

Comment

After seeing Gene's tirades throughout the years, I'm quite flabbergasted that somebody would consider us to have "home cooking". Tell ol' Gene that one.

Losers make excuses, in this case, even before the games.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Whenever something is called "a known fact," it almost certainly isn't. Although if you ask Mike Kennedy about bad umpiring, he might agree with the concept before telling you that to the extent it occurs, it sure doesn't benefit WSU with any regularity.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                      Texas Tech has a similar beef.
                      That is rich Texas Tech complaining about home cooking?

I saw the Shox open the season one time in Lubbock and were ranked very high, got beat by Tech in two one run games if I remember correctly and JT got thrown out of the game after one of them was over by the homer umps.
                      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        After seeing Gene's tirades throughout the years, I'm quite flabbergasted that somebody would consider us to have "home cooking". Tell ol' Gene that one.

Losers make excuses, in this case, even before the games.
                        Not much to add, really. Just want to welcome the 'real' ShockerFever back into the fold.

There are some bad umpires who work WSU games, but to assert that WSU gets the benefit of any of that is crazy. I'm sure there are bad umpires in every region. And speaking of tirades, Brent may have the upper hand on Gene in that department - Ol' BK gets his money's worth.

--'85.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Does this stem from having alumni that have umpired some of our home games?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                            Does this stem from having alumni that have umpired some of our home games?
                            Gene also railed about the certain Alumni umpire who blew some calls and had to make a public apology the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                              Not much to add, really. Just want to welcome the 'real' ShockerFever back into the fold.
                              Thanks buddy!
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X