Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coy

named national player of the week

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State baseball student-athlete Johnny Coy has been named one of the "Louisville Slugger's" National Players-of-the-Week by Collegiate Baseball.

I know the competition was weak but 20 rbi's in 5 games against the bad news bears would be really good. Hopefully he can put it all together this year. His bat is really going to be needed.

Great recognition for him!
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Congrats to Johnny! This is great!

Comment

Yes indeed. Congrats Johnny and keep it going. This is your year to shine and if you can there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Comment

The guy is on fire. Hopefully he will have a great year.

Comment

Way to go Johnny! Congrats!

Comment

Coy continued his hot hitting in Hawaii. I think he is going to have a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                Coy continued his hot hitting in Hawaii. I think he is going to have a great season.
                Indeed. Hope guys in front of him can get on base and he can continue his hot hitting with RISP.

Comment

Agreed. I would like to see Harbutz (he had a great night tonight) and Bayliff getting on base a lot. We then have a lot of potential for some power in the middle of our line up with Coy, Gillaspie and Hege. Casey is hitting the ball hard but right at guys right now. I think he is close to turning some of those long outs into doubles. Hege has already shown some power this year.

I remain hopeful that our hitting execution is going to improve during this 20 game homestand.

Comment

Casey did hit the ball hard 3 times tonight. Unfortunately there was a UTA player there to catch the balls. I like the way he is making contact and hitting the ball. It should start paying off for him soon.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                      Casey did hit the ball hard 3 times tonight. Unfortunately there was a UTA player there to catch the balls. I like the way he is making contact and hitting the ball. It should start paying off for him soon.
                      If Casey is consistently making solid contact then things are bound to turn around for him at some point I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        If Casey is consistently making solid contact then things are bound to turn around for him at some point I would think.
                        After watching him in person I agree. His mechanics are too good for him not to start hitting the ball.

Comment

I was glad to see Casey get a hit in the 8th inning today. He has hit a lot of balls hard right at guys.

Comment

Casey went yard today! It was bound to happen soon the way he had been hitting the ball.

Comment

Working...
                            X