Conference realignment, Shox Baseball, + moist towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference realignment, Shox Baseball, + moist towels

With the cart solidly ahead of the horse...

How would our boys of summer enjoy a series swing like the following: OSU, TU, SMU, TCU, Baylor, TT. Then after they're all warm we go up north for a lil' ChicKUn n' Kitten dinner.

Sounds like a road trip to me!

Tulsa and SMU don't play baseball, but other than that: I'm ready.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

So to swing this the other direction. The impending leave of UCF, Houston and Cincy will leave just 5 schools in the AAC for baseball. Pending addtions ... anyone know how few you can have? If Memphis gets pulled we are down to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        So to swing this the other direction. The impending leave of UCF, Houston and Cincy will leave just 5 schools in the AAC for baseball. Pending addtions ... anyone know how few you can have? If Memphis gets pulled we are down to 4.
        I want to say it's 6. I know the WAC went through this a number of years ago for everything. But 6 may have been a temporary extension granted by the NCAA as they transitioned schools so it could be 8.

Two of the first schools that would probably get invited are UAB and USM. I don't know their baseball status though.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I want to say it's 6. I know the WAC went through this a number of years ago for everything. But 6 may have been a temporary extension granted by the NCAA as they transitioned schools so it could be 8.

Two of the first schools that would probably get invited are UAB and USM. I don't know their baseball status though.
          Looks like both have baseball.

UAB was 11-21 last year and USM was 22-9.

I really don't get the overall love for UAB. They are average in football and below average in everything else it seems.

Comment

Where’s Memphis going? I didn’t see anything on that.

Comment

Wichita was an advocate for Dallas Baptist to join the mvc.. They would be a nice addition to the AAC

Comment

The answer is 6, per NCAA bylaw 18.5.1 (a).

Solution would be to add Dallas Baptist as an affiliate member, getting them to leave the MVC. (Edit- Pogo beat me to that idea by 5 minutes!)

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Where’s Memphis going? I didn’t see anything on that.
                  Current rumors is Memphis, Boise, SMU, and USF are the next 4 up if the Big 12 goes to 16. They are actively talking about it but it might not happen until after UT/OU officially leave (and probably before the 2025 tv deal renewal. Some were pushing to go ahead and grab Memphis and Boise right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X