No announcement yet.

ORU vs. Shox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great. I'm holding onto hope that, like basketball that started 1-2 early, baseball will go on a hot streak once it knows what it's capable of doing. Nice win today!

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
      This is great. I'm holding onto hope that, like basketball that started 1-2 early, baseball will go on a hot streak once it knows what it's capable of doing. Nice win today!
      That is a good comparison. I hope it happens. Casey Gillaspie and Johnny Coy haven't come around yet. If those two start hitting for power along with what we saw today we should do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
        Who is going to get their first win of the season, ORU or our beloved Shockers?

I say the Shockers boatrace them.

Of course I have been drinking all day and that may be clouding my judgement.

You called this one.

Comment

Good deal.

Don Lambert loves playing there. :-)

Comment

Didn't even know there was a game today. Kinda hard to get a feel with this one, with ORU starting off 0-4.

We're still 1-3.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wsu should now start a streak of their own (positive one) with NDST coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Didn't even know there was a game today. Kinda hard to get a feel with this one, with ORU starting off 0-4.

We're still 1-3.
                Although ORU lost 3 games at #25 Baylor (2 games by 1 run each) so I think their 0-4 start is a bit deceptive. Hopefully ours will turn out to be as well...

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                  Although ORU lost 3 games at #25 Baylor (2 games by 1 run each) so I think their 0-4 start is a bit deceptive. Hopefully ours will turn out to be as well...
                  I agree. They played Baylor dead even for 2 games on the road so it is really hard to tell right now. I am hoping both of us go on a winning streak.

Comment

I'm not sure we will be able to tell much about this team even if we go on a winning streak over the next few weeks. The UT-Arlington and Tulane series should give us a much better picture of where we stand. It is interesting to note that Texas started 2-2 and OU 1-2 and both of them lost to teams with way worse RPIs than our losses. I guess that shows you how useless RPIs are at this point in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Like I said in another thread, I just want to see improvement as the season goes on. Today was a good start.

89 nice enthusiasm and play by play. Are you available for this weekends series?

Thanks for the nice comments. I have to work this Friday, so I am probably going to miss Friday's game (there's a chance I might get the flu on Friday especially if the weather is nice). I am also probably going to miss the first game (or most of it anyway) on Saturday because I have season basketball tickets this year too and I have decided to go to the Drake game and stay for the post game celebration (although I could change my mind, especially if the weather is nice on Saturday).

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                        I'm not sure we will be able to tell much about this team even if we go on a winning streak over the next few weeks. The UT-Arlington and Tulane series should give us a much better picture of where we stand. It is interesting to note that Texas started 2-2 and OU 1-2 and both of them lost to teams with way worse RPIs than our losses. I guess that shows you how useless RPIs are at this point in the season.
                        The rpis are very worthless this early in the season. You have to have about a month of play before they start to really take shape.

Comment

• Sweet! Well done Shocks! :good:
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            Micah Green gets a hit.... Shox have Casey G. on second and Micah on first with nobody out and Ryan Hege hits a HR!

SHOX UP 10-1!

Still nobody out.
                            Looking at the box score in today's paper, these two guys are really hitting the ball well. After our first four games both Micah Green and Ryan Hege have .667 batting averages.

Comment

• I heard Bob Arens is taking the mound this weekend for his first ever start.

SARCASM ALERT. Just poking fun at JHanika a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                I heard Bob Arens is taking the mound this weekend for his first ever start.

SARCASM ALERT. Just poking fun at JHanika a little bit.
                                Actually one of our other catchers, Baker, can pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X