No announcement yet.

ORU vs. Shox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nate Goro finishes the game 0 for 4 against his former teammates. There is now 2 out in the bottom of the ninth for ORU (Hege made a nice catch in foul territory to get the second out).

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      Foster "Brooks" Vielock comes back out to pitch in the bottom of the ninth.
      I've got everything crossed on my body... even my balls (ouch)... keep the updates coming. Thx!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shox one strike away from the win.

Comment

Micah Green makes the catch! Shox win! 10-3!
          Last edited by shox1989; February 21, 2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

SHOX WIN!

Comment

Shockers ended up outhitting ORU 16-2. Nice!

Comment

Thanks for the updates '89.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Not sure which is the real Shocker team offensively but I suspect it is somewhere in between what we were in Texas and what we were Today. If so, that my be just good enough if we continue to pitch well. Really, outside of two bad innings the pitching has been excellent.

Shane said the home plate ump had a consistently small strike zone which may have helped the Shocks offensively. OTOH, the Shocker pitchers had little trouble dealing with the small zone outside of Drew Rainey. Drew apparently either has some mechanical or mental issues (or both) that he needs to clean up as he has had a couple of wild outings so far.

Comment

It is always nice to beat ORU, especially in Tulsa. They have been very tough on the Shockers over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Not sure which is the real Shocker team offensively but I suspect it is somewhere in between what we were in Texas and what we were Today. If so, that my be just good enough if we continue to pitch well. Really, outside of two bad innings the pitching has been excellent.

Shane said the home plate ump had a consistently small strike zone which may have helped the Shocks offensively. OTOH, the Shocker pitchers had little trouble dealing with the small zone outside of Drew Rainey. Drew apparently either has some mechanical or mental issues (or both) that he needs to clean up as he has had a couple of wild outings so far.
                      Actually their hitting although not good, wasn't as bad as the scores would indicate in Texas. They had 8 hits, 8 hits and 9 hits in the 3 games. With our pitching that should be enough to win most of the time.

They just didn't get timely hits in Texas. They did a much better job today. They hit with more power and got timely hits today.

Comment

Actually their hitting although not good, wasn't as bad as the scores would indicate in Texas. They had 8 hits, 8 hits and 9 hits in the 3 games. With our pitching that should be enough to win most of the time.

They just didn't get timely hits in Texas. They did a much better job today. They hit with more power and got timely hits today.
                        The bottom line in baseball is scoring runs and that was the frustrating part about those games in Texas. We did have a lot of hits for only scoring a total of 4 runs in 3 games (25 hits). In the second game we had the winning run 90 feet away and couldn't get that timely hit to win the game.

The pitching except for a couple of innings was great in Texas.

It was very nice to see all the hits and runs today (and for the great pitching to continue).

I hope we have some nice weather this weekend. GO SHOX!

Comment

Now they got over the hump and got a taste of winning, perhaps this will ignite a fire under their arse and play like we hope they will from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            I've got everything crossed on my body... even my balls (ouch)...
                            That can be very painful.

Congrats to the team. They didn't need to hear anything else about how bad they are (from people like me)....I don't think today was a turning the corner moment, at all, but I'm glad they don't have to worry about setting a program record each time out going forward. Kudos to the pitching staff yet again. Very sharp outings for Gardner, T.J. and Veilock especially.

Comment

Like I said in another thread, I just want to see improvement as the season goes on. Today was a good start.

89 nice enthusiasm and play by play. Are you available for this weekends series?

Comment

Anyone know if Jake O'Brien at ORU (freshman from Tulsa) is any relation to Chris O'Brien?
                                He played for Bishop Kelly last year when they played Bishop Carroll out at West Urban last spring. They share the same grandpa who got to see both of them hit home runs in the same day. Jake got one in the morning and later, Chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X