Severe Weather Potential - 2/20/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe Weather Potential - 2/20/2012

Since WSU baseball has become irrelevant, I would recommend that the baseball forum be used for discussing severe weather potential for Wichita and the local SC Kansas area. It is clear that their will be more excitement watching Dave Freeman 24/7 than Shocker baseball. Unfortunately this even is happening on a Monday instead of Tuesday - so there went any hope that WSU might be rained out on Tuesday so they don't start the season 0-4.

Today, SC Kansas has about a 40% chance T-Storms. The SPC has identified the area as a possible conditional SLIGHT RISK upgrade later in the day with a 2% chance of Tornado, 5% chance for hail/wind event.
    Last edited by SB Shock; February 20, 2012, 07:37 AM.

+1 LMAO

Comment

Its been a few years but remember when basketball season started and we all were saying "its only 3 mos till baseball starts." Baseball has just started and I'm trying to figure how long before basketball starts next year. I know we haven't even finished this year but I'm just saying....

Comment

I agree with SB.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

To tie the two together, any chance of a rainout in Tulsa tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            One can only hope.

Probably get that one in and then miss 3 of 4 with NDSU.

Comment

sunny and 63 tomorrow.

Comment

Cloud deck will be breaking soon. Sun should come out and hopefully it'll warm up enough to get some action.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What is the current definition of "run rule" in college baseball?

Also, we could stay positive and take the stance of every other Valley team 9 out of 10 years......"There's always the Valley Tournament!"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    What is the current definition of "run rule" in college baseball?

Also, we could stay positive and take the stance of every other Valley team 9 out of 10 years......"There's always the Valley Tournament!"
                    Now thats something I can live with.

Comment

I have a reasonable and fair challenge to this year's Shocker baseball team. I challenge them to have a better winning percentage than the Lady Shockers Softball team.

Now before you all jump on me for throwing down such a daunting challenge I must point out the the Lady Shockers are picked to finish 8th this year in the Valley. They are a pretty young team and they are led by a first year coach with no previous D-1 head coaching experience and only 3 years of experience as a D-1 assistant. All players and recruits are leftover from the previous regime (although I think we have a decent freshman class).

Current Status of 2012 Spring Challenge:
                      Shocker Baseball 0-3 0.000
                      Shocker Softball 4-5 0.444

The Ladies off to an early lead.

If the guys can not rise to this very modest challenge then.......well then I don't know what. Maybe we should move the ladies over to Eck Stadium and let the guys play at Wilkins Stadium. They might even be able to hit a few out of Wilkins (assuming they can make contact).
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I have a reasonable and fair challenge to this year's Shocker baseball team. I challenge them to have a better winning percentage than the Lady Shockers Softball team.

Now before you all jump on me for throwing down such a daunting challenge I must point out the the Lady Shockers are picked to finish 8th this year in the Valley. They are a pretty young team and they are led by a first year coach with no previous D-1 head coaching experience and only 3 years of experience as a D-1 assistant. All players and recruits are leftover from the previous regime (although I think we have a decent freshman class).

Current Status of 2012 Spring Challenge:
                        Shocker Baseball 0-3 0.000
                        Shocker Softball 4-5 0.444

The Ladies off to an early lead.

If the guys can not rise to this very modest challenge then.......well then I don't know what. Maybe we should move the ladies over to Eck Stadium and let the guys play at Wilkins Stadium. They might even be able to hit a few out of Wilkins (assuming they can make contact).
                        How about switching budgets for a year?

Comment

How about switching budgets for a year?
                          There you go.

Comment

Working...
                          X