Dayne Parker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayne Parker

He has looked very impressive this year and you can tell he has slimmed down. He had a eating problem last year and it looks like he has it under control now. He was caught sneaking into the post game meal during the fifth inning of a game last year to give you an idea of how out of control his eating habits were. GO SHOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

That's good, now just rememeber how many outs there are!

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxu22 View Post
      That's good, now just rememeber how many outs there are!
      NO kidding, situational awareness is key in any sport and yesterday there was just no excuse.
      Some of the blame has to go on the 1st base coach too he needs to keep reminding them of what is going on.
      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

JJ, I have to respectively disagree with you, every 1st base coach, from the Yankees down to tee-ball, tells the runner what the situation is. I'm sure JT did the same, you have to have enough baseball IQ to remember and know the situation longer then one pitch. Believe me, there were more then 1 mental errror this weekend though, not trying to single out Dayne by any means. It was a team effort!!

Comment

The Shocks are just following the sage guidance of Yogi Berra:

"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."

Comment

every 1st base coach, from the Yankees down to tee-ball, tells the runner what the situation is. I'm sure JT did the same,
            And how do you know JT did this? I'm not saying I know he did or didn't - I'm just interested in how you can say unequivocally that he did.

Comment

SB, I can't say for sure what was said. Being on the receiving end and the giving end of a lot of those talks down there, you hear some of the dumbest, mundane things, unless you are dumb and don't actually know what is going on when you do get down there. They usually leave no stone unturned, mainly because they are glad you actually got on base. Depending on the situation you will hear things like this; how many outs, runners in front of you, go on the ground, freeze on a line drive, half way on a fly ball, infield fly rule, watch the 3rd to 1st move, pitcher has a good move, catcher likes to pick, 1st baseman is playing behind you I will help you on him. That's is just a sampling. Watch any game, wsu, major leagues, westurban, sw boys club, high school, and the 1st base coach goes over and talks to the runner. He's not complimenting him on his choice of girlfriends in the stands, even though most players really are thinking that! Here's the deal, players need to really look in the mirror and be acountable for what they do, because I doubt the coaching staff has taught them to take off on a line drive to center and run past the runner on second with one out in the inning. They should know better then that, even if the the 1st base coach is in the clubhouse using the restroom and is late getting back on the field. Ok I'm done with this rant, stay tuned there may be another one in another thread!!!

Comment

TEST
                An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

SB, I can't say for sure what was said. Being on the receiving end and the giving end of a lot of those talks down there, you hear some of the dumbest, mundane things, unless you are dumb and don't actually know what is going on when you do get down there. They usually leave no stone unturned, mainly because they are glad you actually got on base. Depending on the situation you will hear things like this; how many outs, runners in front of you, go on the ground, freeze on a line drive, half way on a fly ball, infield fly rule, watch the 3rd to 1st move, pitcher has a good move, catcher likes to pick, 1st baseman is playing behind you I will help you on him. That's is just a sampling. Watch any game, wsu, major leagues, westurban, sw boys club, high school, and the 1st base coach goes over and talks to the runner. He's not complimenting him on his choice of girlfriends in the stands, even though most players really are thinking that! Here's the deal, players need to really look in the mirror and be acountable for what they do, because I doubt the coaching staff has taught them to take off on a line drive to center and run past the runner on second with one out in the inning. They should know better then that, even if the the 1st base coach is in the clubhouse using the restroom and is late getting back on the field. Ok I'm done with this rant, stay tuned there may be another one in another thread!!!
                  We all understand what should of went on, but the question is what really happened. I though you might know.

I'm inclined to believe the player "brain farted" - it happens, but based on everything else that happened at 1B this weekend, I think first base coach believe coaching down there is beneath him - remember he has been nominated as the most prepared assistant to become a head coach and now he day dreaming of what he would do when he is the head coach for say Goddard or Andale or maybe Clearwater.

Comment

Working...
                  X