What I'm hearing-possible position switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I'm hearing-possible position switch

I am hearing from some people inside the program there maybe some position switches after this weekends performance. Flame throwing LHP Kris Gardner will be moving to the outfield. He is an exceptional athlete, probably one of the best on the team. He also will bring a lot of pop to the lineup being that he was one of the top homerun hitters in Texas during his high school career. Expect to see him starting in the outfield on Tuesday. Hopefully he can give a spark too the lineup.

Sure be nice to have some "pop" in the lineup.

Comment

"Pop" in the lineup??? Right....I guess it's all relative anyway. Hitting for power, for us, is someone capable of finding a hole between 2nd and short.

I'd be happy if we could throw the ball from the catcher to the pitcher without kicking it into the dugout. Also, I hear in Vegas you can get even money on whether or not the team can get down a sac bunt this year. Sounds like free money to me.

You know, the more I think about it, maybe rolling out a lineup of all pitchers is the way to go. They seem to be the only ones playing with a little fire and actually improving when they arrive on campus. I support the move. Carry on.

Comment

Really i thought kris would start at pitcher against ORU
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Kris is penciled into starting at ORU.When was the last time Brent let one of his Top Pitching Recruits play a position? Also who is this source inside the team? Unless it comes from one of the Coaches it's just speculation just like that BS earlier about Johnny playing catcher! Put a fork in the team if you want but a lot of season yet to play.

Comment

I apologize for jumping the gun a little too soon on the Kris Gardner situation. I was told he started practicing there and has looked very good but that doesn't mean the coaches are ready to put him out there yet. He will continue to practice in the outfield too provide quality depth and a nice left handed stick off the bench when he isn't pitching. Also I apologize for the Gumby Coy rumor that was started in the offseason but it was true that they tried him out there some and he looked pretty good but the staff felt it was best for the team and Gumby for him to stay at first. GO SHOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X