Jim or Gene: Which is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Shocker baseball
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

All WSU has to do is move Gene to position that is like a spokesperson and goes out and raises money for the athletic programs. This keeps the donors to the baseball program (that like him) happy and keeps those of us that want him to move aside happy.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        After Kevin Hall first AB where he watched 3 straight strikes, I saw Billy Hall talk to Kevin and in his next AB he made the adjustment and swung at the next third strike.
        This made me laugh- well done.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          All WSU has to do is move Gene to position that is like a spokesperson and goes out and raises money for the athletic programs. This keeps the donors to the baseball program (that like him) happy and keeps those of us that want him to move aside happy.
          All 200 of them?

Half of the battery club will probably die off before we make our next hire.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            I hate to say it, but this program outside of Wichita, KS has officially fallen into obscurity and is a vague memory. In all sports, the mentality of 'what have you done for me lately' is overriding. Three years in a row, this program has been average. I know its early, but based on the piss poor results and performances this weekend, it appears a fourth consecutive year of underwhelming success if coming out of the Eck.

#10 has earned the utmost respect from us as fans for what he has done, and I do believe his desire to be a winner has not waned. I don't know however, how much effort he or his staff is giving to be successful and maintain the success that has been established here. I lean toward giving #10 a slide since I do believe recruiting has gotten so much tougher nationwide. We just don't get the same guys as we used to.

It's harder keeping up with the Jonses these days. For example, Michigan is pouring 14.5 million to update their complex, Purdue is spending 21.5 million, Penn State planning 31.5 million, Michigan State putting 4.5 million to renovations, Minnesota 5 million, Texas State building a new complex, Oregon, Wafe Forest, Baylor. See how seriously the Big Ten is placing on baseball? It's just going to get harder and harder for the Shox.

IMO, the days of 20 plus consecutive years of 40 plus wins are over. No more consistent post-season play either. We just need to accept this unless someone out there wins the lottery and can donate 25 million to the program or has a magic bullet that is going to solve this problem.
            Given where this program is currently, I'm not concerned about what Oregon, Baylor, and those schools are doing. First step is regaining our dominance over a mediocre baseball conference. We are currently over-spending to have that happen. Once that happens again, check back with me about what comes next.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Given where this program is currently, I'm not concerned about what Oregon, Baylor, and those schools are doing. First step is regaining our dominance over a mediocre baseball conference. We are currently over-spending to have that happen. Once that happens again, check back with me about what comes next.
              Wise words Sir
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I'm trying to imagine what Gene's radio shows will sound like all season long. Starting out 0-3 there's a lot of air time to be filled.

Comment

Cracks me up that JT and Gene are the only ones to fade the heat, Kemnitz is a master politician and self-promoter.
                  THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I agree with you the past two years, but how many years did we WAY over-spend in basketball (10 or more years?) and now it is paying huge dividends. I don't think too many of us would say it was a bad decision to hire HCGM even though he has never been to a NCAA tournament at WSU, never won a MVC regular season or MVC tournament championship (hopefully in 3 weeks all 3 of these statements will be false). The main difference is the past 2 years basketball has been trending up and baseball is trending down. I think it says a lot that Gene's contract hasn't been extended yet. He has a couple years to turn it around but I agree with others that his loyalty to his coaching staff may eventually be his down fall.

Comment

Except for baseball will never be the major bread winner for the athletic dept. Basketball however is.

Comment

Working...
                      X