No announcement yet.

2021 Summer Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kocis joined the Monarchs late, but has played three games with them. It a rough stat line, so hopefully it's the small-sample-size principle.

http://sunflowerleaguewtt.wttbasebal...seasonid=33030

2 of 15 with 10 Ks (and two golden sombreros).

Comment

On a bright note, Payton Tolle has done well, as expected.

After two rough outings on the mound, he had eight relief appearances totaling 7.1 innings, 4 H, 1 ER, 10 K, 1 BB, 4 saves.

Offensively he hit .338/.373/.535 for an OPS of .908. 8 2B, 1 3B, 6 HR, 42 RBI in 142 ABs.

Comment

In case you like bombs ...

Love the second baseman here.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
          In case you like bombs ...

Love the second baseman here.
          He's probably thinking "That just triggered the $1 Bud LIght Drafts and I'm stuck out here getting my ass kicked".

Or maybe he was thinking "Maybe if I wait long enough that one will circle the planet and I want to be ready to make the catch".

Comment

Live feed of the Monarch's game. Kocis has a double off the wall after his first AB.

LIve Stats: http://baseball.pointstreak.com/gamelive/?gameid=565273

Comment

The Monarch's pitcher, Travis Perry, struck out the first eight batters he faced.

Comment

Cooper Harris walked to lead off the 10th, then Kocis hit a walk-off double down the left field line to score Harris.

Comment

Kocis toughed out the last part of the season with his hand/wrist still fractured. Hopefully it's 100% healed because Kocis at 100% is going to be large year for the Shocks next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Kocis toughed out the last part of the season with his hand/wrist still fractured. Hopefully it's 100% healed because Kocis at 100% is going to be large year for the Shocks next spring.
                    It doesn't appear as though he played in the Coastal Plain League as originally thought, or at least I couldn't find any roster or stats for him. So it's likely his few games with the Monarchs prior to the NBC were his first of the summer. So he was probably still catching up to game shape. And hopefully that means the time off allowed him to fully heal.

He did make a key error last night, allowing a ball to go between his legs which resulted in the game getting tied. He made up for it, though, with his game-winning hit.

Comment

316 gets eliminated after three games. Tolle finishes at .385 (5/13) with 2 2Bs a memorable HR and 7 RBI. He'll likely be in the discussion for outstanding play for the jack and outstanding local player. Jordan Rogers hit .200 with a couple of walks.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                        316 gets eliminated after three games. Tolle finishes at .385 (5/13) with 2 2Bs a memorable HR and 7 RBI. He'll likely be in the discussion for outstanding play for the jack and outstanding local player. Jordan Rogers hit .200 with a couple of walks.
                        With Kocis at first, will they have Tolle DH most of the time and pitch, will they find him another position like RF (which most likely isn't a great fit for a 6'7 player), or will they look at Kocis at another position such as 3rd base? My guess would be mostly DH and pitch, with maybe a small amount of 1B, and RF.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

With Kocis at first, will they have Tolle DH most of the time and pitch, will they find him another position like RF (which most likely isn't a great fit for a 6'7 player), or will they look at Kocis at another position such as 3rd base? My guess would be mostly DH and pitch, with maybe a small amount of 1B, and RF.
                          There's no way he moves Kocis, but, given Kocis' penchant for injury, he could be a nice backup option at 1B. The Hutchinson Monarchs announcers made a point to say that while Tolle's power is impressive, he was spraying the ball around to all fields during the summer. If he's that advanced, he'll be tough to keep out of the lineup at DH. Fall ball should be fun.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Looking at the boxscore for the Monarch's game on Sunday, it looks like Kocis was replaced after one at-bat (a strikeout), and isn't in the lineup tonight. I hope it's not a sign of injury.

Comment

Anyone read this (behind the paywall)? A rejuvenated Spencer Hynes (92-95 FB with a plus slider) lefty starter would be just what Pelf ordered going into the fall and next spring.

I will probably regret it, but I still believe there's a ton of upside with a bunch of talented arms returning, and that's ignoring the potential of the incoming class.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...94581297770502

Anyone read this (behind the paywall)? A rejuvenated Spencer Hynes (92-95 FB with a plus slider) lefty starter would be just what Pelf ordered going into the fall and next spring.

I will probably regret it, but I still believe there's a ton of upside with a bunch of talented arms returning, and that's ignoring the potential of the incoming class.

Nothing in there about Hynes that can't be found in the box score.

6 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 8 K, 3 BB

It's his only appearance of the World Series (5 games), so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X