Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Last 10 days, just happened across it on Twitter. Started to look up his stats and got sidetracked.
    Do you have a link to the Twitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Do you have a link to the Twitter?

Comment

Trust me, the staff knows what to expect from the draft. I don't think a kid from Murray State grad transfers to WSU as a closer unless he thinks there's a reasonable chance he'll get the ball fairly regularly. If Haase is still here, he's getting the ball every flipping time.

My point is that I believe (just my opinion mind you) that Haase's stock has already risen and they (the WSU staff) think he could go higher than expected and be gone in the fall. Hence, the grad transfer reliever.
        Doc,
        So what’s your prediction on Kocis and Wallace who weren’t drafted? What about Hasse? 17th Round isn’t high. Will they all be back?

Comment

Haase is gone. I believe Kocis is coming back. His attitude and work ethic is spectacular.

I think Paxton moves on....I wish he’d stay but he graduated and seems ready for the next chapter in his life.

Comment

Haase is gone. I believe Kocis is coming back. His attitude and work ethic is spectacular.

I think Paxton moves on....I wish he’d stay but he graduated and seems ready for the next chapter in his life.
            If I have a choice, I’d rather have Freshman IF, Casserilla, but we have to wait. It probably depends on how much draft cap money the Cards have to offer their 20th Round Draft Choice, and how much Casserilla wants to sign.

Comment

After doing research, I found out that in 2019, 20th Round Draftees made anywhere $30,000 to $100,000, depending on how much they wanted them (which possibly had to do with a College Senior having less negotiating power when compared to a College Junior), and also on the draft money they had left to spend. I read that the draft money wise is about the same in 2021 as in 2019. However, there are only 20 Rounds this year, whereas there were 40 Rounds, I believe, in 2019, so money amounts available to each round may have changed because of that. Minor league clubs have also been cut this year.

Comment

What are Paxton's possible thoughts on his next chapter?

Do they have MLB Minor League Free Agents or would Independent Professional Baseball be his next move?

Or is he looking to use his college degree and get a job?

Comment

Kocis coming back for another year!

Comment

Do they have MLB Minor League Free Agents or would Independent Professional Baseball be his next move?

Paxton signed a free agent deal with the LA Angels.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Paxton signed a free agent deal with the LA Angels.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-all-30-teams/
                      I suppose it's early but the Angels look like they have been by far the most active in the free agent market.

Comment

He’ll play baseball somewhere, he’s too talented not to get a look.

Edit: Ha, should have read entire thread. See his FA signing now.

Pretty sure XC will go pro. Will be a tough loss, could have been worse. Help’s on the way.

Comment

Anybody wanting some updates, shoot me a PM. Also, a few of you probably need to check your PMs a little more often.

Comment

I usually go to the KC Royals game (WSU Game Day), but yesterday, I went to the TBT game. I feel bad for Eric, the Cheerleaders, WU, and the very few fans who attended the game. Shox usually have a good following for that game, but a Royals afternoon game isn't my cup of tea, the Royals are bad, the TBT game was at home, so the baseball team was left with little support. It probably couldn't have been helped this year, but hopefully, next year is better.

Comment

Anybody wanting some updates, shoot me a PM. Also, a few of you probably need to check your PMs a little more often.
                              Check your PM Doc.

Comment

Pretty sure XC will go pro. Will be a tough loss, could have been worse. Help’s on the way.
                                Yes, he probably would have been a good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X