Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Seth Stroh is certainly someone I'd like to see back. Needs to cut back on the strikeouts, but he has good pop in his bat.
    I am not saying guys like Seth Stroh and Andrew Stewart will not be back. Only that they may need to step up their games if they are going to hold off the competition for those slots. Hopefully, there will be competition for those slots. Whether their will be or not is another question. If not then we have to hope Stewart and Stroh can perhaps raise there averages into the .250 area next year.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Andrew Stewart is too easily dismissed.

Ryder Giles for ECU hit .216 and fielded .966 for a team that spent the entire season ranked and is hosting a regional this weekend.

Andrew Stewart fielded an INCREDIBLE .989 at the toughest position, making 2 errors there all season, and in addition made more than 1 exceptional game changing like defensive gem. He hit .201 (.220 in conference). Yes, we need more production there, but he was spectacular defensively, and not penning him in doesn't make sense for this program right now. He must at least be penciled in.
      Andrew Stewart is a good player. He is capable of hitting 250 or so imo. albeit a light 250, and not too many extra base hits. He hit it better at the end of the season, and he handles the bat well. He is a good bunter, he can "hit and run", and he is fast enough to steal. He is a smart player and hitter, with a good approach, so he wasn't striking out as much during the latter part of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by wyatt View Post
        What happened to Cade Clemons this year? Was it a bad slump? I had high hopes for him after the COVID shortened season. I know his average was low, but he had some pop.
        Clemons definitely has pop in his bat (leading the team in HRs last year) but he started the season 0-for something and was relegated to the bench and never really rec'd steady PT after that. Hopefully he'll bounce back and challenge for SS or 3B (if Wallace is gone). He needs to cut down on the strikeouts, but so do many of the 'freshmen'. Covid really screwed with the development of these younger guys and no mid-week games REALLY hurt too. It's too bad for them, but hopefully the other guys like Shaver (I like him at 1B if Kocis leaves or 3B), Harris, and Ingram, along with the young pitchers like Hansel, Bye and Hanson have strong summers. Do we know where all of the guys are playing summer ball? It will be interesting to watch how they do.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
          Serious question. Any of of signings include a shortstop who hits, and hits with occasional power?
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          Last edited by east mall; June 3, 2021, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Yep...

Comment

Not a big surprise, but Jake Hamilton has transferred.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Guys like this are a little confusing. Few on here will know for sure, and maybe as simple as injuries being the culprit. But he was in the 2019 draft, and decided to come to play for the Shox. Then he went from #1 Pitcher on Staff in 2020, to not playing at all in 2021. He didn't seem to have a problem attitude, and as long as he stayed, I doubt that is what happened. I wish him success at OBU.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Guys like this are a little confusing. Few on here will know for sure, and maybe as simple as injuries being the culprit. But he was in the 2019 draft, and decided to come to play for the Shox. Then he went from #1 Pitcher on Staff in 2020, to not playing at all in 2021. He didn't seem to have a problem attitude, and as long as he stayed, I doubt that is what happened. I wish him success at OBU.
                  I agree. Jake will always be a "what might have been" guy along with Bryan Flynn being academically ineligible that one year.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Today was Round 1 in the MLB draft.

Does anyone one know how many Rounds tomorrow, and how many Rounds Tuesday?

There are going to be 19 more Rounds the next two days, and 612 players that will be chosen. Has anyone seen when any Shox players are projected to be taken?

Comment

2-10 today, 11-20 Tuesday.

Hard to really tell about incoming players.

Paxton should be selected at some point. Worried (based on incoming transfer Connor Holden) that Haase's stock has risen. He might go a little higher than expected.

The broken wrist probably saved Kocis for us.

Comment

Not sure that will save him. I think a a lot of teams will look past that.

Comment

2-10 today, 11-20 Tuesday.

Hard to really tell about incoming players.

Paxton should be selected at some point. Worried (based on incoming transfer Connor Holden) that Haase's stock has risen. He might go a little higher than expected.

I may be dense, but I don't understand this statement.

"Worried (based on incoming transfer Connor Holden) that Haase's stock has risen." Why would an incoming transfer cause one of our other player's stock to rise?

Comment

I may be dense, but I don't understand this statement.

"Worried (based on incoming transfer Connor Holden) that Haase's stock has risen." Why would an incoming transfer cause one of our other player's stock to rise?
                            Trust me, the staff knows what to expect from the draft. I don't think a kid from Murray State grad transfers to WSU as a closer unless he thinks there's a reasonable chance he'll get the ball fairly regularly. If Haase is still here, he's getting the ball every flipping time.

My point is that I believe (just my opinion mind you) that Haase's stock has already risen and they (the WSU staff) think he could go higher than expected and be gone in the fall. Hence, the grad transfer reliever.

Comment

Trust me, the staff knows what to expect from the draft. I don't think a kid from Murray State grad transfers to WSU as a closer unless he thinks there's a reasonable chance he'll get the ball fairly regularly. If Haase is still here, he's getting the ball every flipping time.

My point is that I believe (just my opinion mind you) that Haase's stock has already risen and they (the WSU staff) think he could go higher than expected and be gone in the fall. Hence, the grad transfer reliever.
                              Now I get it. When did the Holden transfer happen? That got past me. Was it in the paper or on Shockernet?

Comment

Now I get it. When did the Holden transfer happen? That got past me. Was it in the paper or on Shockernet?
                                Last 10 days, just happened across it on Twitter. Started to look up his stats and got sidetracked.

Comment

Working...
                                X