WSU @ UCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    Fun to watch this weekend. I was discouraged after Friday, I shouldn’t have been.

Hard to not get too excited when they win and then too disappointed when they lose. I forgot how much fun shocker baseball can be.

Just like so many of you, I want it back badly. Glad to come out and support next 2 weekends. I also hate no midweek games.
    Still waiting on the science that said ok to midweek softball American conference games and no to midweek baseball American conference games.

Midweek will return next year, and it will be solid, I promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Still waiting on the science that said ok to midweek softball American conference games and no to midweek baseball American conference games.

Everybody went crickets on it. I don't get it other than the fact that women must not be able to transmit the virus.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Softball players do "cheers" which push the opposing team virus away from their dugout.

Comment

• Also, more softball players have long hair which will allow them to wrap it around their face as a type of face covering, which as we all know completely eliminates the virus.

Comment

• Because girls don't ...

chewtobacca
            chewtobacca
            chewtobacca
            spit!
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Everybody went crickets on it. I don't get it other than the fact that women must not be able to transmit the virus.
              It might have something to do with the women pitchers being able to pitch pretty much everyday. Not uncommon for the ace of a softball team to pitch 3 of the 4 games in the weekend series and comeback and pitch a Tuesday or Wednesday game.

That ain't happening in baseball and my guess is the league coaches did not want to stretch their ptiching staffs that much and from the looks of the pitching in the AAC this year maybe that was a good decision as the pitching depth in the league this year has not been all that impressive.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 10, 2021, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It might have something to do with the women pitchers being able to pitch pretty much everyday. Not uncommon for the ace of a softball team to pitch 3 of the 4 games in the weekend series and comeback and pitch a Tuesday or Wednesday game.

That ain't happening in baseball and my guess is the league coaches did not want to stretch their ptiching staffs that much and from the looks of the pitching in the AAC this year maybe that was a good decision as the pitching depth in the league this year has not been all that impressive.
                The pitching requirements would have been spread out had they played mid-week games. Recall the 4 game conference series came about because they are not allowing them to play mid-week games.

So now teams pitching depth is taxed because they have to cover 4 games in 3 days instead of 4-5 games in 6 days (assuming Monday a off day).

Comment

• Is it just a projected attendance thing?

Comment

• Gibby is the Player of the Week in the American.

Wichita State's Gibson, East Carolina's Colmore Earn Weekly Honors - American Athletic Conference (theamerican.org)

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The pitching requirements would have been spread out had they played mid-week games. Recall the 4 game conference series came about because they are not allowing them to play mid-week games.

So now teams pitching depth is taxed because they have to cover 4 games in 3 days instead of 4-5 games in 6 days (assuming Monday a off day).
                      That is true but both baseball and softball went to 4 games schedules this year (vs 3-game series in prior years) and the question was why were mid-week games not allowed in baseball but they were allowed in softball. Now whether or not it was a good idea to go to 4-game conference series is a totally different question.

In this article: https://goshockers.com/news/2021/1/2...ging-task.aspx
                      Paul Sueelentrip stated the following:
                      In 2021, two factors complicate the process and result in a schedule that looks different from past seasons.
                      • The American Athletic Conference decided to eliminate midweek games once conference play begins. That move is designed to limit COVID-19 interruptions and preserve pitching staffs because the AAC is going to four-game weekend series.
                      • Any Wichita State opponent must meet or exceed the American's testing protocol of at least twice a week.
                      Initially, though they apparently had something else in mind and we might see that next year:
                      https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...ament-in-2021/

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 11, 2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• We should see that in 2022. Would be nice to see the tournament on ESPNU or similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Is it just a projected attendance thing?
                          If so, it's an easy fix. Just limit attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

If so, it's an easy fix. Just limit attendance.
                            Or just drop the restriction altogether, and buyer beware.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Or just drop the restriction altogether, and buyer beware.
                              Oh come on. From what I have seen people just aren't that smart. How can the buyer beware when most don't have an inkling of rational thought. Sorry that may be too harsh. But then again...

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Oh come on. From what I have seen people just aren't that smart. How can the buyer beware when most don't have an inkling of rational thought. Sorry that may be too harsh. But then again...
                                Then they deserve what they get. Weed out the idiots.

Comment

Working...
                                X