ACC - no brainer
    B12 - ok
    Pac 10 - no sweat
    Conf USA - so what
    Big West - ok
    Big East - they play baseball?
    Big 10 - ??

No MVC

Conference USA is one of the best conferences for college baseball in the country.

I was disappointed they left out the MVC also, though.

Comment

Re: Baseball America Conference Report Cards - 2008

Originally posted by CharlieHog
      Conference USA is one of the best conferences for college baseball in the country.

I was disappointed they left out the MVC also, though.
      I've always thought WSU would be a good fit in C*USA in the sports WSU has. I'd love to see Rice, E. Carolina, S. Miss, and Tulane in here every other season in baseball, and there are some very good basketball teams in that league. Problem is ... no football and every school in C*USA plays football. Also, the conference is so far-flung that travel would be a real challenge for baseball.

No love for MVC baseball is nothing new. There are just too many schools in the MVC where baseball isn't taken seriously.

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

here are the "grades" from BA, by the way:

SEC: 3.40
        ACC: 2.94
        Big12: 2.94
        PAC10: 2.80
        CUSA: 2.66
        BigWest: 2.00
        BigEast: 1.88
        Big10: 1.82

The four factors were national impact, competitiveness, fans and facilities, and academics.

Comment

It always amazes me how overrated the SEC is in every sport.

Comment

I was checking out that Baseball America article, can anyone explain to me what the significance of KU "falling below the 'APR' cutline?"

Comment

Originally posted by shoxinkc
              I was checking out that Baseball America article, can anyone explain to me what the significance of KU "falling below the 'APR' cutline?"
              Academic Performance Rate - which tracks how well programs retain and graduate their student-athletes and doles out punishment, including stripping scholarships, to those who fall short.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

So KU lost scholarships because of this, I assume? Along with Texas Tech? They must be really bad in this department as they get penalized and programs known for high roster turnover like OU, Okie St and Nebraska avoided such penalty? Reading that article it sounds that way. I would have never guessed, especially listening to their coach talk about his "program" being so committed to kids.

Comment

Kansas was penalized 1/12 of a scholarship in baseball.

teams penalized in 06-07

Comment

I see, interesting link. Well, they are one of the very few major conference teams penalized nonetheless. I will guarantee you will never see WSU on that list. Interesting that ORU was penalized big, I guess being on that list helps with the campaign to be coach of Team USA! hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X