Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topeka Capital-Journal: The State of College Baseball in Kansas

Good piece.

Wichita State had the upper edge against both programs during the apex of the program, but coach Price, who enters his tenth season at KU, feels like the Jayhawks and Wildcats have caught up with the Shockers.

Comment

Wichita State had the upper edge against both programs during the apex of the program, but coach Price, who enters his tenth season at KU, feels like the Jayhawks and Wildcats have caught up with the Shockers.
      I certainly can’t argue against that thinking and I am sorry to say I think they are both ahead of the Shox at this time.
      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Facilities, no. But the level of team (which is what really matters) and talent, a resounding yes.

Comment

It was bound to happen. Parity has definitely increased in college baseball as it continues to grow. All the more reason that our program needs to continue to grow its facilities and fan support. Damn I wish I had some money to give! I know our program isn't 'settling', but our program has plateaued the past several years in terms of performance. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill that will change it back to the way we liked it. Onward and upward.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Facilities, no. But the level of team (which is what really matters) and talent, a resounding yes.
            Kstate might make that claim since we split with them last year, but we swept the Jayhawks.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
              Kstate might make that claim since we split with them last year, but we swept the Jayhawks.
              It's all about getting into the tournament with regularity and that's where they have caught us.

Comment

Working...
              X