Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs STETSON

Trailing 6-2

This game moving right along. In the top of the 8th. Shocks have runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs. Probably now or never. Need to get to Kocis with ducks on the pond.

Paxton Wallace with a 1-out single to right to make it 6-3. Garrett Kocis coming to the plate representing the tying run. This may the Shocks last, best chance.

Garrett flies out to CF driving in Sigrist who was on 3rd. Making the score 6-4.

Corrigan Bartlett who is 0-3 in this game at the plate with 2 outs and a runner on 1st.. Stetson changing pitchers. Corrigan goes down on strikes.

Shocks have the 6-7-8 place hitters due up in the 9th.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 19, 2021, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Liam Eddy started for the Shocks and held Stetson scoreless, as were the Shocks, over the first 4 innings.

Liam gave up 3 consecutive singles to start the 5th, struck out the next 2 hitters, then gave up a double and a single and Stetson was up 4-0.

In the top of the 6th a Paxton Wallace double and Kocis Krank made it 4-2 but Stetson countered in the bottom half with a bunt single followed by a home run leading off the at bat making it 6-2.

Creighton Hansen came on in relief to start the 7th. After the Shocks scored their 2 in the top of the 8th to make it 6-4. Hansen has walked the bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th with 1 out. A ground out to the pitcher pushes a run across for Stetson to make it 7-4 with the runners moving to 2nd and 3rd. A 2-out single to left plates those runners for Stetson as all 3 walks have scored making it 9-4 and pretty sealing the deal for the Shocks.

Final Line Score:

Wichita State...4-7-2
      Stetson Univ....9-10-0

The pain and suffering of Shocker fans continues. Only solution this year may be to take 2 softball games and check again in the morning.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

3 posts on a game thread about sums up this season now.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          I hope you're due for another kid soon. I liked the slightly milder Fever posts more.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I hope you're due for another kid soon. I liked the slightly milder Fever posts more.
            Not a great week for WSU's premier programs. I'm sorry I've been on a frenzy lately. Finally getting a nap schedule timely and in place. You're right though, I probably should do better with my free time now.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Liam Eddy started for the Shocks and held Stetson scoreless, as were the Shokcs, over the first 4 innings.

Liam gave up 3 consecutive singles to start the 5th, struck out the next 2 hitters, then gave up a double and a single and Stetson was up 4-0.

In the top of the 6th a Paxton Wallace double and Kocis Krank made it 4-2 but Stetson countered in the bottom half with a bunt single followed by a home run leading off the at bat making it 6-2.

Creighton Hansen came on in relief to start the 7th. After the Shocks scored their 2 in the top of the 8th to make it 6-4. Hansen has walked the bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th with 1 out. A ground out to the pitcher pushes a run across for Stetson to make it 7-4 with the runners moving to 2nd and 3rd. A 2-out single to left plates those runners for Stetson as all 3 walks have scored making it 9-4 and pretty sealing the deal for the Shocks.

Final Line Score:

Wichita State...4-7-2
              Stetson Univ....9-10-0

The pain and suffering of Shocker fans continues. Only solution this year may be to take 2 softball games and check again in the morning.
              Thank you for the detailed recap.

Go SHOX!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                To me, this performance is way more irritating to me than the basketball team, at least in the short term.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post

Thank you for the detailed recap.

Go SHOX!
                  Recap or recrap?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Recap or recrap?
                    Fair question Lax.

Hoping for a better outcome this evening.

Go Shox!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Ah, finally an ESPN+ game!
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Eeesh

Comment

Better

Comment

Shockers win Shox 11-8 Stetson

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              Shockers win Shox 11-8 Stetson
                              Looks like we are going to have to score double digits to win games

Comment

Working...
                              X