Shocks vs FIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    It seems like Barnhouse has been here forever and is mostly unreliable as ever.
    He was pretty much gasoline on a fire today. A double, bunt single and another double produce 2 more FIU runs leading off the 8th. Tommy faced 6 batters giving up 3 singles and 2 double and only recording 1 out. That's a tough day at the office.

Comment

Does not look like baseball going to bring any joy to Mudville this year.

Comment

What was a pitching duel has turned into a rout. FIU up 9-2 in the 8th and still batting.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Does not look like baseball going to bring any joy to Mudville this year.
          There were some fans talking about College World Series rings a few weeks ago.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I don't know from whom but oh well. .500 seems a large goal today.

Three of the better arms we have, Peters, Lindemann and Hamilton didn't even make the trip to Florida.

Considering we don't have many reliable arms that are throwing, this makes things that much more problematic.

It's just hard for me to understand where the pitching is right now. I'm really surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                At least we have the game in the new downtown stadium to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Three of the better arms we have, Peters, Lindemann and Hamilton didn't even make the trip to Florida.

Considering we don't have many reliable arms that are throwing, this makes things that much more problematic.

It's just hard for me to understand where the pitching is right now. I'm really surprised.
                  Why are our 3 better arms not in Florida?

I hate to say it, but I'm increasingly skeptical about Pelfrey.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Injuries.

Comment

Video of the 7th, 8th & 9th innings vs FIU

Comment

Can we throw a Division One curveball?

Comment

The Shocks wasted a good outing by Preston Snavely. Snavely's history is he is good for about 5, maybe 6 innings. So you might think the coaching staff would have been ready with a quick hook at the first sign of trouble after the 6th. But after the performance of the bullpen today (and for most of this season so far) I can understand why they would stay with Preston longer than they otherwise might have.

Still Preston left with the game tied at 1-1 with runners on 1st and 2nd but with 2 outs in the 7th. Tommy Barnhouse simply was unable to pick Preston up with an out and back-to-back singles scored both of the inherited runners. Since the Shocks only scored 2 runs in the game Preston was saddled with the L despite the total implosion by the bullpen after that.

While Preston took the lose he was probably the biggest bright spot for the Shocks in this game for what that might be worth.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why are our 3 better arms not in Florida?

I hate to say it, but I'm increasingly skeptical about Pelfrey.
                            Be careful Fev...I mentioned this possibility last year and was ran off the site.

Comment

Sunday Game vs FIU

Not going so well today so far. Shocks trailing 6-1 after 6 innings. FIU is the home team.

6-6 Fr. RHP Josh Hansell got the start. He went 4.1 innings and was charged with all 6 FIU runs (5 earned) on 7 hits, 2 walks while striking out 4. Aaron Bechtel finished the 5th inning and gave up two inherited runners. One on a bunt single and then with 2 outs he hit back-to-back batters. One to load the bases and one for force in the 6th FIU run of the game. Bechtel pitched a 1-2-3 inning.

The FIU starter, Garrett Rukes, a grad transfer from Alabama, is on the mound for FIU.

Shocks do have a little bit going in the top of the 7th. 2 infield singles and 2 FIU errors sanwiched around 2 strikeouts have given the Shocks a run with runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and lead off hitter Jack Sigrist at the plate. Sigrist hits a liner to center but the FIU center fielder is able to come in to rob Sigrist of a hit and end the Shocker 7th.

Cameron Bye came on in the bottom of the 7th and gave up a lead off walk. After 2 ground outs moved the runner to 3rd a 2-out single made it 7-2 FIU.

Cooper Cornblum led off the top fo the 8th with a single. Paxton Wallace hit a long ball to the warning track in left center but got under it just a little too much and the left field had no trouble running it down for out #1. Garrett Kocis ripped a line drive right at the FIU first baseman who caught it and took one step to the bag to double off Cornblum.

With one out in the bottom of the 8th Cameron Bye gave up a double and a home run to make it 9-2 FIU. Both balls were pretty much crushed especially the home run to left. The next FIU batter ripped another line drive to left for a single. Had that ball been elevated it would have been gone. Bye is done to the disappointment of the FIU hittters. Foster Gifford is on to pitch. Foster gets a 5-4-3 double play to end the 8th.

Shocks down in order in the 9th with the game ending on a diving catch in left on a texas leaguer by Ross Cadena.

Shocks fall to 8-8 on the season. They will do well if the can end the season at .500.

Shane had hard time coming up with a Shoker player of the game.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 21, 2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Working...
                                X