WSU vs Air Force (3/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-2 Shox in the 5th. Let's go!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Uuuuuhhhhhh

Comment

Probably good the AZ game got cancelled. I don't think WSU pitching would fair well.

Hansell - 4 walks, HBP and gives up a 3 run HR (would have been a grand slam except he let a guy steal home).

Shox trailing 8-3, B6

Comment

Do we know who was going to pitch in the AZ game?

Comment

Really uhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Probably good the AZ game got cancelled. I don't think WSU pitching would fair well.
              Just what I was thinking. Arizona may have done us a favor by cancelling this evening's game afterall.

Comment

Well theoretically we would have had a different crew for tonight? And the lineup for this game was submitted before we knew there wouldn't be another game, correct? So the question is, did we "save our best for the better team". If so, the cancellation screwed us.

Comment

SOMEBODY throw in the towel!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Well theoretically we would have had a different crew for tonight? And the lineup for this game was submitted before we knew there wouldn't be another game, correct? So the question is, did we "save our best for the better team". If so, the cancellation screwed us.
                    I don't that that was much of an issue. WuDrWu speculated that Snavely and Hansell would be our starters today and they both pitched in this game. Snavely never really only getting to face 4 batters, retiring 3 before the long "rain" delay did him in and Hansell was not effective and who knows how Snavely would have pitched had he been able to continue. More than anything the rain delay impacted this game. Nevertheless, that shouldn't really be an excuse for how the Shockers have played. The Shockers used 6 pitchers today and arguably the only two that were effective were Snavely and McDonough each for 1 inning of work. The offense wasn't exactly cooking either.

I expected the Shocks to get their asses handed to them at least once this weekend. I didn't expect that it would be Air Force doing the honors. At least we took our whooping from America's finest.

Final: Air Force 12 - Shockers 3

Comment

Not the greatest day to be a Shocker; our three major sports teams ‘wore the collar’. Oh well, $hit happens.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

At this point it is hard to find any reason to get worked up for Shocker baseball. We are only 20% into the season but not seeing much to hang our hopes on so far.

In baseball hopes for success largely depends on getting decent pitching. All 12 runs in this game were earned raising the Shocks team ERA to 5.44. We would not appear to have a good enough offense to make that work very well.

Comment

This is where Downtown Shocker Brown goes into hiding and I say “I told you so”.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm just struggling to understand why our pitching is where it is. But, I've said a hundred times I'm not a baseball guy. I actually think our hitting is a little better than I expected (with the obvious exception of zero hitting at shortstop) but man the pitching......so far disappointing.

I'm interested in finding out what happened with the schedule change. I assumed that the evening game was called off due to potential delays and field conditions....but the Air Force and Arizona ended up playing? Air Force beat the Wildcats.....why that game and not ours? Who made that decision and why?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Who made that decision and why?
                              Who ordered the code wet?!!

Comment

I imagine Air Force was already in town and didn’t just wanna come down for 1 game against WSU in Tucson. That’s my guess anyway since we already got 2 in with Zona.

As far as the pitching, it hasn’t been good for a while. I hate to knock former WSU greats but maybe Pelfrey doesn’t have it. Great pitchers doesn’t necessarily translate to great pitching coaches, especially ones that have zero D1 experience anyways. I’m just saying.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X