• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

2-5 had 10 Ks, no RBIs and 9 LOB.
    My error. Point remains the same.

Comment

Is it really supposed to be 60 degrees tomorrow?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Where was OSU ranked toward the end of the season last year?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

My error. Point remains the same.
          My memory sucks, but I thought Cornblum was a solid batter last year? 0-5 today seems unusual? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Where was OSU ranked toward the end of the season last year?
            Not sure but I think Kennedy said they are ranked #17 in this year's preseason rankings.

If we can get a win tomorrow a split with OSU will be fine.

I am hoping today was a sign that the pitchers are ahead of the hitters at this point. But we have to be more competitive at the plate than this.

Kudos to Corrigan Bartlett. He was a bright light today.

The Shocks pitching was very good today as was OSU. It came down to OSU bunching some hits in the first and then delivering A clutch 2 run double. The Shocks had plenty of opportunities but simply could not deliver in the clutch.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 21, 2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

The Shocks out hit OSU in this game 11-7. An indication that the timing of your hits is at least, If not more, important than the quantity.

Comment

Half Cup (Full) - Pitching staff looked good. 10 k's and only 3 walks. Eddy rough first inning was the only negative, but he bounced back nicely and pitched well. Shocker hitters had 11 hits and had Cadena liner down the first base line been a couple more inches over the game is tied 3-3. Losing 3-1 to ranked team is nothing to be ashamed about. Shox should come away with some confidence they can play with anybody.

Halp Cup (Empty) - WSU #2 (Gibson) and #3 (Wallace) hitter looked totally overmatched. They struck out 6 times and left 5 on base. The baseball IQ of this team looks Butler-esqe with some of baserunning mistakes, lack of execution and competing at the plate. This was a game for the taking, opportunity missed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  The Shocks out hit OSU in this game 11-7. An indication that the timing of your hits is at least, If not more, important than the quantity.
                  In this case it wasn't a matter of timing of the hits, it was lack of execution that mattered today (and add in some bad IQ). Their # of hits gave them all the opportunities they needed. You only needed to execute with productive outs and they win this game.

If you have bases loaded and no outs - the run expectancy is 2.2 runs. It almost impossible to not score 1 run - but the Shox made the impossible, possible.

When Stigrist sitting at 2nd after hustle play on the dropped pop-up, decided to go to 3rd on ground ball to the SS and get thrown out, and then the next hitter singles up the middle. What could he be thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    If you have bases loaded and no outs - the run expectancy is 2.2 runs. It almost impossible to not score 1 run - but the Shox made the impossible, possible.
                    I thought we had one out when bases were loaded?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Come to think of it .. I think you are right. Maybe we did have bases loaded with no outs? Now I can't remember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Come to think of it .. I think you are right. Maybe we did have bases loaded with no outs? Now I can't remember!
                        Bases were loaded with no outs in the 8th. We had 2 strikeouts and a 40ft tapper to the pitcher.

Comment

• Well that was a disappointing start. I guess we lost a little momentum after the 11 month layoff.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            I know the other guys are trying too, but goodness. That's a LOT of failed chances, mostly with strikeouts.
                            A lot of hitting approach is mental. I'm sure that Wedge will be sharing a lot of what we are talking about. In baseball, there is a small difference of winning as opposed to losing (especially when playing good teams like OSU) by improving the mental approach. I think that Wedge will be better at this than our last coach.

I also predict some (probably only a couple) personnel changes today.

Comment

• Was there a decent turn out of fans for a cold day baseball game?

Comment

• Last year, even in the abbreviated season, we managed to pull out a game or two we probably shouldn't have from other team miscues or a little luck. I'm going to chalk this one up to that luck evening out. Looking forward to skipping out on work to catch some Monday afternoon baseball in 60 degree weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X