No announcement yet.

WSU vs N. Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That really is unfortunate. One of the better series we were gonna have.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Might as well just cancel 2021, it is looking even worse than 2020.

Comment

Surely they can find a suitable stadium in the state of Texas.

Comment

Nobody wants to pay for the work needed to open the stadium for what will amount to friends and family only with the prospect of either a brownout or weather that won't cooperate.

If there's a lesson to be learned here, I hope it's to FINALLY move back the start of both baseball and softball. It's been a long time coming.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Nobody wants to pay for the work needed to open the stadium for what will amount to friends and family only with the prospect of either a brownout or weather that won't cooperate.

If there's a lesson to be learned here, I hope it's to FINALLY move back the start of both baseball and softball. It's been a long time coming.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Maybe something as unprecedented as this will make the southern teams realize this...but I doubt it.

Comment

Northern schools should just play all Feb/Mar games at southern locations. It was a balmy 14 degrees here in BR this morning, but will be back to 50’s/60’s this weekend.

*****Heavy Sarcasm*****

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  Northern schools should just play all Feb/Mar games at southern locations. It was a balmy 14 degrees here in BR this morning, but will be back to 50’s/60’s this weekend.

*****Heavy Sarcasm*****
                  That's pretty much what WSU softball has been doing in recent years. Last year their first 16 games were in Texas and Alabama last year. Their first 27 games were away from home when the season got cancelled. At that point they had 4 more scheduled games at a tournament in Stillwater. So had they played those they would have played 31 games in a row away from home before starting conference play at home on March 20th. Had they played their full schedule they would have had 12 home games and 44 games away from home.

Comment

Comment

Oklahoma State?

Saweet.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Oklahoma State?

Saweet.
                        Spill the beans. When and Where?

i liked on Goshockers.com and Wichita Eagle websites and saw zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Spill the beans. When and Where?

i liked on Goshockers.com and Wichita Eagle websites and saw zero.
                          Taylor tweeted:

More exciting news for WSU fans: I'm told by a source with knowledge of the situation that the Shockers baseball team is finalizing a season-opening series against Oklahoma State. Back-to-back single games at Eck Stadium coming soon. Dates being finalized now.

He's not wrong.

Comment

Well I have three days of unused tickets eagerly sitting on my kitchen island for today and this weekend. What a nice substitution.

Go Shox!
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Taylor's tweet said seasoning opening dates but this weekend looks cold and next weekend looks cold too and SIU Edwardsville is scheduled right now for next weekend in the cold. This coming Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be in the high 50's/low 60's so that would be ideal for an OSU game to get fans out. We will see.

Comment

Here's the Oklahoma State details

Wichita State baseball has added a pair of home games against the Oklahoma State Cowboys Sunday, Feb. 21, and Monday, Feb. 22, at Eck Stadium, Home of Tyler Field. Both games are scheduled for 2 p.m. first pitches. Stadium gates will open at 1 p.m. each day.

Comment

Working...
                                X