Coldest Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coldest Ever

So what was the coldest game you ever attended for WSU Baseball? Mine was the time we played Wake Forest early in the season and it snowed. The WF players and coaches were looking at each other and looking like WTF

Georgia Tech series. Might have been the first time I ever went into the All American Club.

Comment

UIC series in 1993. Went with my Uncle. Don’t remember exact temps but remember wearing my hunting layers and being colder than sitting in the stand while it was snowing earlier that winter.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Georgia Tech series. Might have been the first time I ever went into the All American Club.
        There’s your winner. I made it through 2-3 innings inside a sleeping bag and 7 layers of coats and clothing. So did the damn wind. Then it occurred to me that the game was on ESPN and I pulled the ripcord. Absolutely brutal weather.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          So what was the coldest game you ever attended for WSU Baseball? Mine was the time we played Wake Forest early in the season and it snowed. The WF players and coaches were looking at each other and looking like WTF
          I remember the series being played at Lawrence-Dumont (Eck was under refurbishment) where it was actually snowing during the game and in one game of the series they umpires ended it because Magness was suffering hypothermia.

There there was the road trip to Omaha for the last series to be played at Rosenblatt against Creighton (JJ arranged it). When we showed up in Omaha it was brutally cold in the teens with sub-zero wind chills. We stopped by the stadium and we see Ed Servais come out and he comes over and talks to us. We talk to him about the weather and whether the series be played or not. He indicated that they wanted to cancel it due to the brutal temperatures, but Gene refused.

Comment

Well next Friday is supposed to be Sunny with a high of 30 degrees, Saturday with a high of 38, and Sunday with a high of 43. How will that rank?

Comment

Any of them because I only wore shorts.

Comment

I remember going to a game against ORU. The temp was about 60 at game time. Then the wind switched about the fifth inning and the temperature dropped about 25 degrees and the wind chill was hovering at about zero.

Comment

What year was that? Were Nomar and Varitek playing for Georgia Tech at the time?

78-65

Comment

On the other hand, I remember attending an opening day in 1990 or 91 in February and it was in the 70s.

Comment

‘89?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        Well next Friday is supposed to be Sunny with a high of 30 degrees, Saturday with a high of 38, and Sunday with a high of 43. How will that rank?
                        That’ll feel like 80.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Any of them because I only wore shorts.
                          And you were wearing a mesh athletic shirt as well. JJ and I still laugh at that.

Comment

Working...
                          X