1. Florida
    5. Texas
    8. Arkansas
    15. OU
    31. Dallas Baptist
    42. CU
    44. SWMO
    47. WSU

Absolutely mind-boggling that a team ranked 47th in the country doesn't have one Valley All-Conference player on it.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      1. Florida
      5. Texas
      8. Arkansas
      15. OU
      31. Dallas Baptist
      42. CU
      44. SWMO
      47. WSU

http://www.collegebaseballinsider.co...ESPNPPoll.html

Too bad the Valley screwed around and blew it when Dallas Baptist was wanting to join for baseball only.

Comment

It's too bad. Then, we could have had 3 teams above us in the Valley pecking order.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Absolutely mind-boggling that a team ranked 47th in the country doesn't have one Valley All-Conference player on it.
          WSU really had 2 players that could have made it - Coy and Elam. Coy was the All-Conference 1B last year.

It will be interesting to see how the likes of MSU, CU and ISUB do during non-conference - will they play up to expectations? Or will they drop a turd? The MVC has not had much success when WSU hasn't been the flagship.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Especially when Elam is on the National Stopper of the Year Watch list.

Comment

Dallas Baptist is probably breathing a sign of relief that it found a better home. Meanwhile, the small minds of the Valley's baseball establishment avoid another chance to get better.

Comment

Why people get mad over who is picked in a preseason meaningless poll is beyond me.

Win and the awards will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                  Why people get mad over who is picked in a preseason meaningless poll is beyond me.

Win and the awards will come.
                  Part 1: Not mad over who is picked, or at those who did the picking, in a preseason poll so much as I'm mad that there appears to be no one on the Shocks that is so clearly obvious they be included, that no one could leave them off..... of a MVC preseason team.

Part 2: Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Part 1: Not mad over who is picked, or at those who did the picking, in a preseason poll so much as I'm mad that there appears to be no one on the Shocks that is so clearly obvious they be included, that no one could leave them off..... of a MVC preseason team.

Part 2: Absolutely.
                    plus the preseason stuff gets us bantering about baseball a month or so before the season starts and gets it back on the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      WSU really had 2 players that could have made it - Coy and Elam. Coy was the All-Conference 1B last year.

It will be interesting to see how the likes of MSU, CU and ISUB do during non-conference - will they play up to expectations? Or will they drop a turd? The MVC has not had much success when WSU hasn't been the flagship.
                      I agree. I am really surprised Elam and Coy didn't make the pre-season team, but it is the post-season results and honors that matter.

I am anxious for the season to start. We will see how all the teams actually perform on the field. GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                      X