2b- Tyler Coughenour
    1b- Johnny Coy
    DH- Casey Gillespie
    SS- Dayne Parker
    RF- Don Lambert
    LF- Micah Green
    C- Tyler Baker
    3b- Erik Harbutz

Walker has proven that his glove is solid but until his stick comes around I see him as a
    late inning defensive replacement. Parker and Harbutz can be interchangeable at short and third also. You may see Halbert get some time at short also. The biggest question mark is catcher. Baker has the best arm I believe. I see us catching by committee until someone takes over. The only positiona I see that are tied down would be Kevin, Coonie, and Coy. Those three need to be in the lineup for big things to happen.

Originally posted by BaseballFan86 View Post
    CF- Kevin Hall
    2b- Tyler Coughenour
    1b- Johnny Coy
    DH- Casey Gillespie
    SS- Dayne Parker
    RF- Don Lambert
    LF- Micah Green
    C- Tyler Baker
    3b- Erik Harbutz

Walker has proven that his glove is solid but until his stick comes around I see him as a
    late inning defensive replacement. Parker and Harbutz can be interchangeable at short and third also. You may see Halbert get some time at short also. The biggest question mark is catcher. Baker has the best arm I believe. I see us catching by committee until someone takes over. The only positiona I see that are tied down would be Kevin, Coonie, and Coy. Those three need to be in the lineup for big things to happen.
    There are a lot of question marks with health concerns and new guys, but I'll take a guess.

CF- Kevin Hall (has to build on his fall performance by cutting down on Ks and getting his OBP up.)

RF- Don Lambert

2b- Tyler Coughenour

1b/DH- Johnny Coy

3b- Erik Harbutz (assuming he's healthy, otherwise Baker or Parker lower in the order.)

DH/1B- Casey Gillespie (Casey, a switch hitter, will play more first base this year than you might expect. Gotta prep him for next season.)

C- Ryan Hege (we need him to step up and win the job.)

LF- Micah Green/Garrett Bayliff (may platoon until somebody wins the job. If Garrett is 100%, swap lineup places with Lambert.)

SS- Walker Davidson (Just needs time to adjust to short.)

Weekend starters
    SP -- Mormann R
    SP -- Smith L
    SP -- Minnis L

Weekday starters
    SP -- Gardner R
    SP -- Ladwig
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Where does Knight fit into the mix or does he?

Comment

And how about Sam Hall? What was the report on him from fall camp and headed into spring?

Comment

I'm thinking Stephenson at third and Thomas at first. I could be wrong but I don't see this line up changing much day to day.

Comment

Josh Halbert hit in the fall. Second best to Keven Hall. As I recall he played third base in high school. But to me he just looks like a shortstop. I hope he get a fair shot to play. I can see alot of spots have more than one player fighting for. But catcher has ?????????

Short has Davidson, Halbert, Parker, Baker
            Third has Sam Hall, Harbutz, Parker, Halbert, Baker
            Catcher Arens, Hege, Baker, Chadd
            Second is Coughenour
            First is Coy or Gillaspie one or the other is first the other is DH
            Center is Kevin Hall
            Right is Lambert
            Left is Bayliff if healthy Green if not
            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Now my opening day line up card is this.

Lead Off and in Center Kevin Hall
              Second and playing third base Eric Harbutz
              Hitting third and playing second Tyler Coughenour
              Clean up and playing in First Johnny Coy
              Hitting fifth at DH Casey Gillaspie
              Hitting sixth and catching Ryan Hege
              Hitting seventh in right Don Lambert
              hitting eighth and playing short Josh Halbert
              Ninth in left Mikel Mucha

Starting pitcher on opening day LHP Josh Smith

Its a veteran lineup
              Last edited by shock10; February 12, 2012, 12:37 PM.
              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Kevin Hall- CF
                Tyler Coughenour- 2B
                Garrett Bayliff- LF
                Johnny Coy- 1B
                Casey Gillespie- DH
                Dayne Parker- SS
                Don Lambert- RF
                Tyler Baker- C
                Eric Harbutz- 3B

Comment

Kevin Hall- CF
                  Tyler Coughenour-2B
                  Micah Green or Mikel Mucha LF

Johnny Coy- 1B
                  Casey Gillespie- DH
                  Josh Halbert- SS
                  Don Lambert- RF
                  Tyler Baker- C
                  Eric Harbutz-3B

I think that several of the new guys will press the veterans for playing time. I am basically starting with mostly an experienced line up but it won't surprise me to see some new guys working their ways in.

Comment

Baseball update

Good News: Harbutz 100 percent and looking good offensively.

Bad News: Davidson banged up and on crutches. Lambert, Bayliff and Green nursing injuries.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Hall - CF
                      Coughenour - 2b
                      Gillespie - DH
                      Coy - 1b
                      Lambert - RF
                      Harbutz - 3b
                      Halbert - SS
                      Hege - C
                      Green - LF

There will be a number of changes in the lineup as the season goes on. Look for Bayliff to get in the lineup when healthier, Catcher is completely up in the air, only put Hege there for his bat, Harbutz needs to stay healthy.

Comment

Revision from last week:

K. Hall- CF
                        Doggett- LF
                        Coughenour- 2B
                        Coy- 1B
                        Gillespie- DH
                        Parker- SS
                        Lambert- RF
                        Hege- C
                        Harbutz- 3B

Comment

I predict I buy season tickets (again) when Krusty and crew are gone. Just sayin'...
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I'm holding out some hope this year the amount of talent we have in the freshman and sophomore class overcome our lack of experience. Two years in a row we didn't get hurt by the draft (at least recruiting class wise), so let's not use that excuse anymore.

I'm turning over a new leaf. I will not continue to gripe about our coaching staff because it doesn't do any good anyway, but instead will be focused on improving from month to month and praying we catch some lighting in a bottle come post season.

Now we will see how long my fresh attitude lasts.

Hell, I may even go to the First Pitch Banquet.

Comment

I don't know how the offense will be but the weekend rotation and bullpen should be rather solid. Play good defense and play at a descent level of baseball IQ and this team will be fine. Problem however is that I have not seen what I would consider smart baseball over the last several years.

Comment

Working...
                              X