Shocker World Series rosters posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This roster could be special this year. We have more talent than the past. The MLB draft in the past went 40 rounds. Last year the MLB draft went only 5 Rounds. This year, I believe that the lowest amount of rounds agreed upon (by players and owners) will be 20 rounds but it could be more.

In a regular round draft from the past (40 rounds), this team could have 8-9 players drafted. I'm going to predict that this years MLB draft (set for July of 2021) will be towards the 20 round area. But I would suspect that Eddy, Hamilton, and Snavely will all go in the Top 20 Rounds, and we may have a 4th draft eligible pitcher go that high or close to it too. We could also have a player or two go that high if they have a good year.

The caveat to this year is that all teams have more players who weren't drafted last year (in the 5 round draft) and maintained their 2020 ncaa eligible year so the competition will be greater this year and it will be interesting to see how many of our players are taken in the draft. By my count, we only have 4 Seniors who no longer have NCAA eligibility left after this year (Jackson, Snavely, Barnhouse, and Bartlett who was a grad transfer). IMO, Snavely will be drafted pretty high, and Bartlett may be drafted.

Where am I wrong Doc?

Any thoughts from anyone?
    I don't know that you're wrong anywhere....but there are some caveats. Next year you're going to have basically 2 years of the talent pool available to the pros, and that means EVERYONE has twice as many to choose from......it's always easy to dismiss "the other guy".

This is certainly going to be an "old" roster. Really like what I've seen of Bartlett and Stroh. They are going to have to play somewhere. And the talent (also development) is up, especially when you look at a guy like Alex Jackson who played a lot in 2017 FOUR seasons ago, started the 5th most games on the team and played in 52-58 games. I can't see him being more than an every other day player, and he's improved A LOT since 2017. DVV is injured but should be fine in the spring, but he's going to have to be 100% and playing well to beat out Stroh. And DVV was one of best fielders the last 2 seasons.

Eddy certainly gets drafted. Not sure about Snavely. Hamilton you're probably right about. Bartlett could work himself into a low pick. But there's going to be a TON of draft eligible guys that I would be hard pressed to see hang around. Kocis, Peters, Stuempfig, Gibby, Wallace, Haase, Eddy, VanVooren and Bye I would expect all to be drafted and gone. Have to be concerned too about McDonough & Sigrist to a lesser extent.

That being said, I know the coaches are very excited about the talent, especially the pitching, that's coming in next year. Feel pretty good about the program going in the right direction now. I think we all knew the coaching upgrade would be substantial, but we wondered about the recruiting. It's becoming apparent that we're getting the right guys.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I don't know that you're wrong anywhere....but there are some caveats. Next year you're going to have basically 2 years of the talent pool available to the pros, and that means EVERYONE has twice as many to choose from......it's always easy to dismiss "the other guy".

This is certainly going to be an "old" roster. Really like what I've seen of Bartlett and Stroh. They are going to have to play somewhere. And the talent (also development) is up, especially when you look at a guy like Alex Jackson who played a lot in 2017 FOUR seasons ago, started the 5th most games on the team and played in 52-58 games. I can't see him being more than an every other day player, and he's improved A LOT since 2017. DVV is injured but should be fine in the spring, but he's going to have to be 100% and playing well to beat out Stroh. And DVV was one of best fielders the last 2 seasons.

Eddy certainly gets drafted. Not sure about Snavely. Hamilton you're probably right about. Bartlett could work himself into a low pick. But there's going to be a TON of draft eligible guys that I would be hard pressed to see hang around. Kocis, Peters, Stuempfig, Gibby, Wallace, Haase, Eddy, VanVooren and Bye I would expect all to be drafted and gone. Have to be concerned too about McDonough & Sigrist to a lesser extent.

That being said, I know the coaches are very excited about the talent, especially the pitching, that's coming in next year. Feel pretty good about the program going in the right direction now. I think we all knew the coaching upgrade would be substantial, but we wondered about the recruiting. It's becoming apparent that we're getting the right guys.
      Many good points. You mention 12-13 possible draft picks next year. If MLB has 40 rounds, I think you’re right (I think I said that) and the majority of the guys you mentioned will be gone. But if MLB only has 20 rounds, a lot of these guys will not be drafted and probably choose to return. I don’t think more than a couple, if not drafted will leave provided they have another year of eligibility.

Comment

Even with only 20 rounds, 13 get drafted.

This, like the roster the past couple years, is very talented. The difference is how deep it is. That bodes very well for the future.

Hope to see these boys play a full season, as that will be key in development. We will need it after draft.

Make no mistake, When HCEW tells a scout a player is ready, it carries a lot of weight.

Comment

Anyone go and have a report?

Comment

Liam Eddy was sharp. Really good swing and miss stuff. Stroh continues to look really, really ready. Like Grayson Jenista ready. Kocis hit another bomb his 3rd at least in 5 games and I can remember at least 2 others that nearly went out. Corrigan Bartlett hit over .500 for the series. He seems THRILLED to be here and be a part of this team yet takes nothing for granted. He'll be a fan favorite. Cooper Elliot continues to impress me. It's not showy, but he does all the little things, wherever he's asked and hit .350. He just never seems to take a second off.

If we had a real series tomorrow, my lineup might look something like:

2B Jack Sigrist
            RF Corrigan Bartlett
            3B Paxton Wallace
            1B Garrett Kocis
            DH Hunter Gibson
            CF Seth Stroh
            C Ross Cadena
            LF Couper Cornblum
            SS Derek Shaver

SP: Eddy, Kaminska, Snavely LR: Stuempfig, Peters, Lindemann (who has looked solid this fall) SR: Haase, Bye, McDonough, Gifford

Comment

Has Hamilton had a bad time or is he injured? I’ve not seen or heard anything on him.

Comment

Nothing serious, he'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                X