1989 CWS on 1240/97.5 each night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 CWS on 1240/97.5 each night....

FUN times...most amazing thing is how YOUNG Kennedy sounds!!!!

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    FUN times...most amazing thing is how YOUNG Kennedy sounds!!!!
    You're correct, MK sounded like a young pup. Florida State eliminate game on the docket tonight... enjoyed the Arkansas elimination game last night. Go Shocks!
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It's nice to listen to sports again, even if it was over 30 years ago. I wasn't old enough to remember the run in 89 other than showing up at Eck for the party afterwards, so it's nice to hear these games again. Pretty awesome actually.

While sports are still suspended, I would love to listen to some other classic WSU games. How cool would listening to the 1991 and 1993 CWS be (minus the championship games obviously)? Uh WSU-Creighton 91 anybody? Please do it!!!!
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Tune in now. They may be win!

Comment

Great nostalgic trip to the CWS. What a gritty team that was. There were only a couple stars but the "team" was great.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Only a couple of stars? I'm going to count the MLB players on that team, but without trying I'm up to 4. I know Lansing was hurt but still.

Looked up Jim Newlin's stats to see if he ever made the show....interesting stat in his 6 seasons in the minors he had 50 save opportunities....and closed them all. 50/50. Maybe somebody should have given him a shot at some point.

Also, Jimmy was in town earlier this year for a business opportunity, does anyone know if he stayed? It would be great to have him back in the 316. Good dude.

Comment

I was also proud of how many Kansans were on that team. Brummet, Mike Jones, Audley, PJ Forbes, Pat Meares, Todd Dreifort, Jim Newlin, Darrin Paxton, Pat Cedeno. I am sure I am missing several.

Comment

ESPNU playing 2008 Florida State vs. wichita State 5-8pm

and 2006 Super Regional Wichita State vs. Florida State at 5am
                Last edited by Shockm; June 28, 2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X