Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baseball season getting pushed back to Mid March in 2022?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball season getting pushed back to Mid March in 2022?

Personally I say it's about time and I hope this passes. Any thoughts on unattended consequences though for non P 5's? A couple more scholarships would be great as well.
    ​​​.

https://d1baseball.com/columns/premi...aseball-model/

Good article but disappointing that Gene is not given at least a mention as someone that had this idea 30 years ago. He deserves front line credit but should at least get a mention.

It's going to massively improve B1G recruiting. That's probably not a positive for non P5 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Good article but disappointing that Gene is not given at least a mention as someone that had this idea 30 years ago. He deserves front line credit but should at least get a mention.

It's going to massively improve B1G recruiting. That's probably not a positive for most non P5 schools.
      Fixed it for you...

And I totally agree with your Gene comment... he definitely should have been mentioned.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A college world series in July will do wonders for sunscreen makers, portable fan manufacturers, and ice cream vendors.

In all seriousness though, this is a great idea that should have happened a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

It's going to massively improve B1G recruiting. That's probably not a positive for non P5 schools.
          Could help us too. We're right on the line of February baseball ridiculousness. Depends on the year.

Comment

Call me nostalgic but I preferred those Memorial Day NCAA Regionals and the CWS starting in the first week of June.

I’m too damn sentimental.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Eck Stadium is one of the most comfortable hot weather parks I’ve ever been to. I would guess that 60-70% of the seats are in constant shade during the day. The Sunflower Collegiate League games have been very enjoyable in that regard. Anyway, I’d rather sweat like a Workman than freeze my Hurlbutt off.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I have always thought that one of the reasons it seems so cool is that it is in essence it's a huge concrete block that is frozen during the winter months and slowly gives off cooler temps as it warms up. But thats just me

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Call me nostalgic but I preferred those Memorial Day NCAA Regionals and the CWS starting in the first week of June.

I’m too damn sentimental.
                  @SentimentalShocker has a nice ring to it

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                    Eck Stadium is one of the most comfortable hot weather parks I’ve ever been to. I would guess that 60-70% of the seats are in constant shade during the day. The Sunflower Collegiate League games have been very enjoyable in that regard. Anyway, I’d rather sweat like a Workman than freeze my Hurlbutt off.
                    Good point, on the flip side, it's a really crappy stadium to watch baseball in when it's below 65 degrees. That ballpark has always been cold blooded so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                    X