• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball: WSU vs Nebraska - Mar 13-15

Mar 13 (Fri) 3 p.m. vs Nebraska
    Wichita, Kan. Eck Stadium
    TV: COX YurView Kansas
    Stream: ?
    Radio: 97.5 FM/1240 AM (https://goshockers.com/showcase?Live=4788)
    Live Stats: ?

Mar 14 (Sat) 12 p.m. vs Nebraska
    Radio: 97.5 FM/1240 AM (https://goshockers.com/showcase?Live=4789)

Mar 14 (Sat) 3 p.m. vs Nebraska
    Radio: 97.5 FM/1240 AM (https://goshockers.com/showcase?Live=4790)

Mar 15 (Sun) 1 p.m. vs Nebraska
    Radio: 97.5 FM/1240 AM (https://goshockers.com/showcase?Live=4791)

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I would settle for a split in this series I believe. But would love to see the Shocks take 3. The Shocks not playing any mid-week games this week may give then a little advantage over the Huskers who are schedule to play Northern Colorado on Tuesday and Wednesday in Lincoln. 6 games in 6 days could stretch the Huskers staff pretty thin. We'll see.

The Huskers were picked to finish 4th in the 13 tream Big 10 this year.

After 13 games the Huskers are hitting .287 as a team with a team OPS of .812 which is pretty solid. They have 15 home runs and are averaging 7.15 runs per game against a SOS rated #204.

After 15 games the Shockers are hitting .264 as a team with a team OPS of .775. They have 8 home runs and are averaging 613 runs per game against a SOS rated #132.

On the mound the Huskers carry an ERA of 6.81 and a WHIP of 1.56 while allowing an average of 7.23 runs per game.

The Shocks carry an ERA of 2.91 and a WHIP of 1.19 while allowing an average of 3.4 runs per game.

Give the Huskers a slight edge at the plate and the Shocks and significant numbers edge on the mound to this point.

Weather Forecast: Right now cloudy, low 50's for the highs, chance of rain either Friday or Saturday, winds 10-15 mostly out of the East (nusual). Will see how that holds up as the weekend nears.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 9, 2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Nebraska beat Northerrn Colorado (now 4-13 on the season) 1-0 on Tuesday and 8-1 today to move to 6-8. Nebraska used 3 pitchers yesterday and split the game today up among 5 pitchers.

Comment

At the end of the his radio show on Monday HCEW mentioned that they played Nebraska this past fall. He said they will have better players than we have but that doesn't mean they are going to win. In the fall he said we had no chance to win that game because the guys weren't far enough along in their mindset. Throw it over and see what happens. Round ball. round bat.

HCEW spoke quite highly of PCMP on his show Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          HCEW spoke quite highly of PCMP on his show Monday.
          Hunred percent.

Repeatedly. Felt like he was enjoying that relationship.

Comment

Wonder if fans will be banned from these games as well?

My uncle, a UNL guy (don’t worry, he’s a Shocker as well), is planning on coming down for the series.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Wonder if fans will be banned from these games as well?

My uncle, a UNL guy (don’t worry, he’s a Shocker as well), is planning on coming down for the series.
              Don't be surprised with anything at this point.

It would happen the year we finally start showing life in this sport again.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

After the Fred Hoiberg incident earlier tonight? I give Nebraska 1 in 20 of playing any sports the rest of the year. I expect the season to end this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  After the Fred Hoiberg incident earlier tonight? I give Nebraska 1 in 20 of playing any sports the rest of the year. I expect the season to end this weekend.
                  Even though his incident is being billed as the flu, it was certainly tone deaf, and- like you- I unfortunately think all college sports will come to a halt here shortly.

Comment

That would be a complete bummer. I wonder if the NCAA will grant an extra year of eligibility to the players if the season is torpedoed.

Comment

SEC Baseball just suspended their season for 30 days.

Comment

We all know it's going to happen. Just a matter of time...

Comment

It's a wrap...
                          American Announces Suspension of Spring Athletics Competition

3/12/2020 3:00:00 PM Story Links

FORT WORTH, TEXAS –Commissioner Mike Aresco has announced that, effective immediately, the American Athletic Conference will suspend all spring sports competition until further notice. The decision to suspend competition was made after consultation with member institutions as part of a continued effort to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to protect student-athletes, coaches, institutional and event staff, media and spectators. The Conference will continue to evaluate risks associated with intercollegiate athletics competition in conjunction with local and state health authorities. "The health and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches and staff is our top priority as we assess the near and long-term potential impacts," said Wichita State Director of Athletics Darron Boatright. "All athletic events, conference and non-conference, have been suspended indefinitely as we continue to work with the University, the American Athletic Conference and our medical team to monitor the situation and determine our next course of action."

Comment

NCAA cancelled all Spring championships too ...

Comment

My first guess is “what an overreaction”. However, after further thinking, I would imagine most schools are coming or already at spring break. School is going to change for all students at spring break. Most and maybe all universities will begin on line classes at spring break for probably the remainder of the school year. This would include all spring student athletes. Those “student athletes” who are really interested only in professional athletics are in limbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X