Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rankings

4 weeks into his coaching career and Wedge already has this team on the national radar. Astounding.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Big time! Let's keep this thing rolling.

Comment

Get updated NCAA Baseball DI rankings from every source, including coaches and national polls.

Get updated NCAA Baseball DI rankings from every source, including coaches and national polls.

Comment

The list must be wrong. I didn't see Missouri listed anywhere

Comment

Check out Butler's bio on Mizzou...he can recruit!

Comment

Butler is a good recruiter. Hard to argue that. That's all he is though. Basically a hired gun for that explicit purpose. He has no other use on a coaching staff.

I like short sentences today.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Butler is a good recruiter. Hard to argue that. That's all he is though. Basically a hired gun for that explicit purpose. He has no other use on a coaching staff.

I like short sentences today.
              So much truth here.

HCEW does not appear to have received a bare cupboard. Maybe a cupboard where a few of the dishes weren't expecting a new coach with demanding expectations, but there are definitely plenty of shiny ones still in the cupboard too. This analogy got stupid real quick.

Point is, I think HCTB was a good recruiter and just not an X's and O's/player development guy.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Are we to the point where RPI statistics are connected enough to start being useful, or not quite?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Are we to the point where RPI statistics are connected enough to start being useful, or not quite?
                  Someone said like the 18th or some such in another thread. I'd guess another week makes a pretty big difference and then things will start to level off a bit. Teams will also start getting into league play, which will also slow the movement.

It's at least to the point where you don't see a 1-6 team in the RPI Top10.

Found it:
                  Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

I noticed that D1baseball.com doesn't post their RPI until March 18. Maybe that's a good yardstick.
                  Last edited by Cdizzle; March 9, 2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

As HCEW likes to say, we're about at the point where the rubber meets the road.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      As HCEW likes to say, we're about at the point where the rubber meets the road.
                      Pretty nice on-ramp the last couple of days.

Schedule has ended up setting up pretty nicely for this team. Learning opportunity, time to get better, couple good squads, ohshitohshitohshitohshit

Comment

The make-up of this team is terrific and reminds me of the 2014-2015 Royals with their solid pitching, timely hitting, strong defense and everyone contributing. Also, there aren't many freshman position players on the roster, but the ones that Butler recruited and stuck it out are contributing nicely....Clemons, Cornblum, Marsh and Shavers have all made big contributions thus far. The Shockers have a nice mix of young and old which is how you transition success from year-to-year. Keep it going!

Comment

Still too early to come to any real conclusions about this year's team IMHO but these first 15 games have exceeded my expectation in terms of the record and the SOS for those 15 games is 132 which is really kind of middle of road but not horrible.

That said a lot of challenges lie ahead against a team that does have a few deficiencies. So far primarily on offense. I can forgive some of the defensive issues in the wind this weekend. Those were some tough conditions. Even the pitching had to be a bit of challenge in those conditions if nothing else it had to make it tougher finding your balance point and keeping your balance.

Comment

I sure would like to see a healthy Paxton Wallace added into the mix. Don't get me wrong, everyone is contributing and this is a team that will make no excuses, but Paxton is a talent, with pop, and if you take out the worst hitter and insert him, you're just going to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I sure would like to see a healthy Paxton Wallace added into the mix. Don't get me wrong, everyone is contributing and this is a team that will make no excuses, but Paxton is a talent, with pop, and if you take out the worst hitter and insert him, you're just going to get better.
                              Any feel for that situation? I'm getting close to assuming he won't be back this season, for one reason or another, but I don't know anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X