Mike Pelfrey and Carl Hall - Shocker Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Pelfrey and Carl Hall - Shocker Hall of Fame

Shocker greats Carl Hall and Mike Pelfrey will be inducted into the Shocker Hall of Fame on Jan. 20, 2012.

Wow. What an honor for "THE BEAST"

Kidding. Well deserved.

Comment

Two great Shockers very good news indeed!
      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

This is a well deserved honor for both of them. Looking forward to January 20.

Comment

I was there when Mike had a no no in the 9th only to end with a 1 hitter on a ground ball with eyes between 1st and 2nd. I saw Carl throw guys out at 3rd that killed rallies. Well deserved.
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

As I recall, Carl started off as a walk on who earned his way into the starting lineup.

Comment

I was looking at the HOF and the last inductee from men's basketball that I could find was Aubrey Sherrod....how is Jason Perez not in the HOF yet? What others are deserving in any sport that have been inducted yet?

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                I was looking at the HOF and the last inductee from men's basketball that I could find was Aubrey Sherrod....how is Jason Perez not in the HOF yet? What others are deserving in any sport that have been inducted yet?
                I don't always agree with Bob Lutz, however I could be convinced that both of these individuals should be included for what they did on the basketball court.
                Obviously, the committee feels differently. I would be interested in hearing other old-timers opinions on this topic.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  I don't always agree with Bob Lutz, however I could be convinced that both of these individuals should be included for what they did on the basketball court.
                  Obviously, the committee feels differently. I would be interested in hearing other old-timers opinions on this topic.

http://blogs.kansas.com/lutz/2011/12...-denied-again/
                  I believe there are a lot of us on this board that strongly feel Mo should be in the HoF. To me it's is just plain wrong that he's ignored as if he didn't exist. The committee members need to listen to Cheese and Kalocinski.
                  Last edited by ShockTalk; December 20, 2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I believe Wichita State continues to drop the ball here. They are missing an opportunity to present both the young and old with a teaching moment.

There is nothing wrong in recognizing past achievements while learning from mistakes. I also happen to know Len Elmore would be interested in being involved, something that shouldn't be ignored.

There are other factors in play, which get little coverage, and I understand the consternation. It's also unlikely you'll find a more ardent opponent of illicit drugs and alcohol. They are both a scourge on our society, and drug dealers in particular aren't dealt with harshly enough in this country, imho.

All that being said, I continue to believe we are missing a golden opportunity here, and I hope it changes.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I believe Wichita State continues to drop the ball here. They are missing an opportunity to present both the young and old with a teaching moment.

There is nothing wrong in recognizing past achievements while learning from mistakes. I also happen to know Len Elmore would be interested in being involved, something that shouldn't be ignored.

There are other factors in play, which get little coverage, and I understand the consternation. It's also unlikely you'll find a more ardent opponent of illicit drugs and alcohol. They are both a scourge on our society, and drug dealers in particular aren't dealt with harshly enough in this country, imho.

All that being said, I continue to believe we are missing a golden opportunity here, and I hope it changes.
                      I agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X