Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemnitz - I talked Gene into going to OU

Fast Forward to 1:51:07

Kemnitz says Gene shouldn't be held accountable for the OU fubar - he is at fault. Kemnitz confesses he wanted the OU job bad and knew he wouldn't get hired to be head coach so he talked Gene into taking the job. Then says when they got down there it didn't feel right so they left (the excuse about scholarships was just that an excuse).

Hat Tip to DaShox

Well Brent the Samurai, a class I respect and try to somewhat emulate has a lifestyle of "Bushido" and when causing dishonor or disgrace, the code calls for a ritualistic protocol known as "Seppuku". Make it so Brent. (I am talking figuratively not literally, sort of)
    Last edited by DUShock; December 9, 2011, 10:34 PM.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Interesting stuff.

Comment

Actually that is the story that I had heard back at the time. I for one am very glad that they didn't go.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
          Actually that is the story that I had heard back at the time. I for one am very glad that they did not stay.
          Fixed.

If you remember correctly they all went to OU.

Remember Gene with and OU jersery making all sorts of comments on how they could not go any further with WSU and how great it was to be back in red dirt country?

I do not believe Kemnitz one bit, Gene is very strong willed and makes decisions on his own.

I wish they all would have stayed. Gene_Stephenson_in_OU_jersey-253x175.jpg
          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Sadly Krusty has lived up to his comments down in Okieland. For the love of all that is good please retire!

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
              Fixed.

If you remember correctly they all went to OU.

Remember Gene with and OU jersery making all sorts of comments on how they could not go any further with WSU and how great it was to be back in red dirt country?

I do not believe Kemnitz one bit, Gene is very strong willed and makes decisions on his own.

I wish they all would have stayed. [ATTACH=CONFIG]73[/ATTACH]

If you remember correctly they all came back in less than 24 hours.

It was BK's dream job, but they came back. Sometimes the dream doesn't live up to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                If you remember correctly they all came back in less than 24 hours.

It was BK's dream job, but they came back. Sometimes the dream doesn't live up to reality.
                The reality is they should have stayed.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  The reality is they should have stayed.
                  :good:

Comment

I for one, wish they would have stayed in Oklahoma. The baseball program has pretty much been irrelevant since they left and came back, sans 2 years where they made the super regionals and choked both times. We've needed fresh blood in Wichita for years now, and I was hoping that ES would have the balls to fire Gene, but apparently not. One can only hope that the WSU baseball team will become relevant again, but as long as Ol Krusty is in charge, I highly doubt it. I still think Kemnitz is one of the best pitching coaches in the game, he just hasn't had a lot to work with lately.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                      I still think Kemnitz is one of the best pitching coaches in the game, he just hasn't had a lot to work with lately.
                      The bald wonder is the head recruiter, if he has not had a lot to work with lately I would blame him directly.

The three of them are weasels and they need to go.

I would give them two more years and send them packing Gene can move to a retirement center in Norman and maybe Brent could get the head coaching job at Phillips University that way they both renew their love affair with the great state of Oklahoma.

I don't know what JT would be qualified to do maybe work at at Sluggers or McDonalds.
                      Last edited by JJClamdip; December 11, 2011, 05:50 AM. Reason: spelling check
                      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        Kemnitz says Gene shouldn't be held accountable for the OU fubar - he is at fault. Kemnitz confesses he ... talked Gene into taking the job.
                        No he didn't, I did! Muhahahaha nyuck nyuck nyuck
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Huh, Mas? Pretty much irrelevant except for two trips to the super regionals? Or, to put it another way, not so good except when they were really good? Wonderful analysis.

Have an axe to grind, do we?

Comment

Not at all. Anybody who doesn't think WSU has underachieved big time in the last 15 years is crazy. No CWS appearnces since 1995 is unacceptable to me, for a great program like the Shockers. Even the 2 super regional apperances took some luck. I mean let's face it, WSU baseball has not been worth talking about for a lon, long time now. It probably won't be again as long as Old Crusty is the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                              Not at all. Anybody who doesn't think WSU has underachieved big time in the last 15 years is crazy. No CWS appearnces since 1995 is unacceptable to me, for a great program like the Shockers. Even the 2 super regional apperances took some luck. I mean let's face it, WSU baseball has not been worth talking about for a lon, long time now. It probably won't be again as long as Old Crusty is the coach.
                              1996. Doesn't make it any less disappointing, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X