2020 Season - Starting Pitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Season - Starting Pitching

Just a shade over 3 weeks until the start of the Eric Wedge era. Who gets the ball on Friday at Northwestern State?

List your top 5 starters from Friday to mid-week.

I'm going (hoping) with:

Liam Eddy

Jake Hamilton

Connery Peters

Preston Snavely

Calvin Marley

I feel like Stuempfig and Lindemann have more potential but it's just not there yet for them. Wouldn't be completely surprised to see Creighton Hansen get a shot.

I am eagerly counting the days until February 21st.

Go Shox!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Liam Eddy
      Preston Snavely
      Jake Hamilton
      Connery Peters
      Calvin Marley
      Not a lot of difference but I have a feeling about Preston moving into the two spot.

Comment

I don't have a clue. My sense is that this might be a rough year. But I'm also not sure, which is a welcome change.

Comment

I’m going with the following:

Jake Hamilton (Might be swapped with Liam @NWST)
          Liam Eddy
          Preston Snavely
          Kyle Wilson
          Ryan Stumpfig

Comment

Anyone know if Hamilton is good to go, health-wise? If not, any idea when he might be? If so, is he behind schedule at all as far as being ready as a starter on opening weekend?

Curious to see how Wedge handles the pitching staff, pitch counts, etc. both early season and full season.

Comment

Where is Barnhouse in all of this?

Comment

I'm not sure who's side Sadshocker is on and why he's so sad.

Why are you sad?

Because Todd Butler and staff were let go?

Because Wichita State is now known nation wide as a losing baseball program?

Because Eric Wedge was hired and placed in a bad situation (by Todd Butler) with too many signed players whose abilities were a mystery to him and an impossible task to handle fairly?

Comment

Barnhouse has talent for sure, but he's been through the ringer. Moved around from starter, to closer to long relief and back and forth. Hurt, ill, hurt etc. I would love to see him at his best for this team, and maybe he will be, but I just didn't see anything last season or in the fall that makes me think he's going to be more effective than the other pitchers I mentioned.

As far as Hamilton's health goes, it would appear the time off in the fall was a good thing. I expect him at full strength on opening day.

Comment

Working...
                  X