No announcement yet.

Recruiting, class of '21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidentally, I just learned that Ty Howry is the son of 13-year MLB vet Bobby Howry, who pitched for Cleveland under Wedgie for two seasons.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

There are commits from PBR that aren't commits on PG and vice versa. You have to use both, I think. I also try to confirm WSU commitment based on social media posts by the players themselves. Things change, of course, but at least at one time, all of those players committed publicly to WSU. Generally, kids this age aren't using Twitter on the regs, but there's a well-established culture of announcing commitments on Twitter that seems to be persisting. When the players remove WSU references from social, as in the case of the decommitted players, I either remove them from the list or drop a question mark next to their names until I know for sure -- which is, as you noted, the start of fall ball.
      You do a great job with that and I trust your list to be more complete than anything else I have seen plus you include Juco and other transfers as well for a more complete picture. Appreciate your efforts.

Trying to rank this many players except for those clearly at the top of the heap has to be one of the most inexact thing you could try to undertake.

One thing is clear with what we have left on the roster and what we know about who is leaving and may likely be leaving we definitely need more than a 10 member recruiting class.

Comment

New link added to the 2021 list: Payton Tolle is spending the summer in Wichita playing for 316 Sluggers in the Sunflower Collegiate League. He joins Xavier Casserilla, who is playing for the Hutchinson Monarchs, as the only two incoming true freshmen in recent memory to potentially play a full season in a summer collegiate league.

Also playing for 316 are Shocker freshmen Jordan Rogers and Braden Harris (though he's no longer on WSU roster) plus Korben Ford, who initially committed to WSU before going the juco route.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

New link added to the 2021 list: Payton Tolle is spending the summer in Wichita playing for 316 Sluggers in the Sunflower Collegiate League. He joins Xavier Casserilla, who is playing for the Hutchinson Monarchs, as the only two incoming true freshmen in recent memory to potentially play a full season in a summer collegiate league.

Also playing for 316 are Shocker freshmen Jordan Rogers and Braden Harris (though he's no longer on WSU roster) plus Korben Ford, who initially committed to WSU before going the juco route.
          There some opportunity to scout a couple of guys prior to next fall.

Comment

I’ll add Taylor Calcote is a RHP & Cooper Jenson is no longer in the class (injury).

Comment

An unexpected development: Payton Tolle is DHing and batting third for the Sluggers. He's 3 for 8 (.375) in the first two games of their opening 5-game set v. Haysville Aviators. He hasn't pitched yet.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

An unexpected development: Payton Tolle is DHing and batting third for the Sluggers. He's 3 for 8 (.375) in the first two games of their opening 5-game set v. Haysville Aviators. He hasn't pitched yet.
                Thanks for the information; after reviewing google searches on Payton, I wondering if he had potential as a DH.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Thanks for the information; after reviewing google searches on Payton, I wondering if he had potential as a DH.
                  Maybe he's the college version of Shohei Otahni. I kid I kid...

Comment

Wuzee I have been studying your postings and links on the class of 21 recruited pitchers; appears to me the coaching staff is implementing a plan to build/have a rotation of both RH and LH starters. IMO this rotation has excellent potential given Jace's performance last season; the potential offered by Cameron Bye and L.J. Mc; coupled with the quality of new recruits (especially Tolle and Howry).

Comment

https://twitter.com/KWCHMatt/status/...302980609?s=20

That's a big boy.

Comment

Can't wait to see more of that over the next couple of years...

Comment

Hadn't previously seen or heard this, but it looks like Shox have a commit from Brock Rodden out of Seminole State College. Appears to be a SS. Hit .353 with 13 HR and 39 RBI in 50 games last season as a Sophomore at Seminole. 5'8" 170 LB.

https://seminole.prestosports.com/sp...s/Brock-Rodden
                          Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; June 9, 2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            https://twitter.com/KWCHMatt/status/...302980609?s=20

That's a big boy.
                            Only question now seems to be whether he'll pitch or hit.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Only question now seems to be whether he'll pitch or hit.
                              Or both a la Darren Dreifort.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Just for fun and perspective on these rankings, How do these pitchers rankings compare with where Jace Kaminska and Cameron Bye were ranked last spring?
                                Xavier Casserilla was only ranked #80 in Texas and he was drafted? Hard to believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X